Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on the river this season and it did not go well. 5 hours and not a bump. Talked to about 6-7 guys with little (no keepers) or no catches at all. Lots of snow on the ice and it made moving for this old guy to much of a challenge. Going to try Friday south of Z bridge if the weather allows. Drive down 46 to Saginaw was slow but tolerable today, we'll see what Friday brings.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Fished wicks tonight also tuff fishing. Marking fish all evening but apparently not interested in my goods. Lot of snow on ice got my heart pumping and lungs burning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It happens to all of us from time to time. Don't let it get you down. Me and my wife did the same thing last week fishing just south of Z bridge. No one there caught any either. One guy was marking a bunch of them with his sonar but they seemed to have lock-jaw. I guess a lot has to do with timing. We tried all different presentations slow,med fast. Minnows on dead stick, jig, blue-silver jigging rap, spoons. Nothing. Just keep trying.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Been gettting nothing but looker on the graph myself last 2 weeks on the river in saginaw area. I'm guessing the fish are full from gourging themselves this fall/early winter. hopefully the bite will return while we still have ice...been hearing reports of some fish shallow and on dead sticks.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts