Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
The Wickes Park launch has been closed for years. You should be launching from the Zilwaukee launch and fishing upstream from there. There is alot happening in that deeper water right now.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
We are contemplating running north this evening and grabbing the boat. Not a soul at the Zilwaukee launch this morning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What is considered to be deep water? the bottom of the river channel or the ledge next to it? We've been getting a lot of small fish upstreem in shallower water.

Thanks, Brando

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Deep water would be the shipping channel. I will say it again.....launch in Zilwaukee, go upstream and when a guy gets to the Carrollton area I would start jigging.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I fished the area by the tugboat last weekend and alote of small fish, were is the carrollton area? Thanks

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Just upstream from the tugboat. Lots of deep slack water in that area where the freighters off load gravel and salt. I'm sure you will get keepers in the Wickes area but year after year at this time the deeper water for jigging is the place to be.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
I fished the area by the tugboat last weekend and alote of small fish, were is the carrollton area? Thanks
Hey guys!!!!! don't tell this guy....ANYTHING!!!!! we will have a dead zone.......Freakin' fish magnet.......:evil: Go find your own spot at.......Maumee or something!:lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Niemi once and a while i get pure lucky and catch something, its all luck thats all.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
What? no come back.......you gizzard shad lookin' specimen. Hope to see you out there soon Nick......and the Lemke monster......fish don't stand a chance!:lol: Oh and remember our talk about duct tape......I'll get spencer on yer ars SHHHH. Good luck bud!;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
"I was wondering where that launch is and if you can put in a 20' or so.
Many thanks."

Take the Zilwaukee exit off of I-75 just on the North side of the Zilwaukee bridge. Turn right at the exit ramp stop sign. Next stop sign turn left. Next stop sign turn right (Westervelt Rd). Go one block and turn left. You are now in the launch parking lot.

Launch is a good one. No problem launching a 20 fter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts