Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
Dominance within a pack and a packs dominance of their territory should be considered in comparing canines to humans.
Too dogs were on the menu in places.
"Plasticine" is probably not the right term for their adaptability; but at times an uneasy truce is not always an option in the wild.
Hierarchy is maintained till effectively challenged.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
because puppies are cute..and way back one of our ancestors took out a whole pack..

Said individuals wife couldn't stand the fact the babies were left behind, made him keep them and raise them.

turned out that they are excellent hunters and protectors, so dude told everyone he knew..dogs were born.

all because of one whiney "wife"

I see it happen frequently, pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some whiney woman nagging her "husband" to save them and not eat them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have read that wolves first became dogs when people started coming out of the bush and co-existing together. Communities of people popped up and then came the trash heaps and food scraps. Wolves first came in as scavengers, and when tolerated, became domesticated. I don't have a source, my apologies.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
because puppies are cute..and way back one of our ancestors took out a whole pack..

Said individuals wife couldn't stand the fact the babies were left behind, made him keep them and raise them.

turned out that they are excellent hunters and protectors, so dude told everyone he knew..dogs were born.

all because of one whiney "wife"

I see it happen frequently, pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was some whiney woman nagging her "husband" to save them and not eat them.
I didn't catch the link, but I second this scenario!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts