Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this question asked to me hundreds of times over the years, i am sure you have to, so lets here some of your responses.:rant:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I'm married... I live in house full of women... I can only take so much drama.

Actually, it recharges my batteries like nothing else. It helps me stay centered and even.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
It's not caring that gas is $4.00 a gallon as you drive north on I-75. It's about the comradery of deer camp with family and friends. It's about holding your bowels as long as you can hoping someone else will go out and "warm up the seat" first thing in the morning. It's finding out that dad really does know how to cook and do dishes (even if it is scrambled eggs and fried potatoes every morning). It's about meeting another truck full of hunters on a narrow road and waiving at each other as you pass (how often do you do that in town?). It's about setting in a tree stand and watching nature go about it's daily routine.... even in a driving snow storm. It's feeling your heart beat under all those layers as you hear that crunch-crunch-crunch coming towards you in the wee morning hours. It's straining your eyes as you try to make out the shape of a deer moving through that spot where you thought for sure you'd never see a deer come from. And best of all, it's about that feeling you get when you set down with your family at the dinner table knowing that your hard work and dedication to hunting is responsible for the meal you've provided for them!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
No wait - I want to change my answer to what Craig M. said about the women and drama. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
To recharge.
To be with the wild things.
To be a wild thing.
To be quite ,and to be with the noise of quite.
When I come out of the wild I have solved some of the problems of live
with out even thinking about them.
My Dog demands that we go.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I guess its just part of me,its what i've allways done and had the desire to do,can't explain it,its just there and allways will be.Other than my family it is the most important part of my life,and what keeps me going.

·
Registered
324 Posts
All of the above answers and also like Uncle Ted says, "Because you can't do this in France, baby!!"

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i hunt for the same reason i appreciate fine music, art and scupture and the performing arts.

and as someone already said, humans are predators. it was what made us human. otherwise we would have stayed in the trees gathering nuts and fruit.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Cause I'm married and have to get out of the house for some peace and quiet!

I love being in the woods, alone...I love the hunt and pushing myself to endure the cold weather. I love having a freezer full of meat that I harvested and didn't have to depend on someone else to provide.

It's probably the one thing that brought me closest to my dad and sister.

It cleans the soul and my perspectives.

and cause i just LIKE it!! I really really LIKE it!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I love enjoying mothers nature at her fullest, it doesn't matter if I have hunting a gobbler in the spring or a whitetail in the fall being in the woods is something special. Also enjoying it with family and friends; sharing stories of the days hunt around a roaring fire can everyone won say ahhhhhh. Its great to be a hunter.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I enjoy hunting for every aspect. The smell of the woods, observing all things nature, family, friendships, solitude, laughter, food, farts, the kill and it's rewards. I'm always beat up and tired after 6 or 7 straight days of rifle season but I sure love it.:)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I hunt becuase I lost my Dad and Grandpa very early in life and I feel the only way I can still connect to them is through the outdoors...every breeze is like a way I can reach out and touch my father...every animal I harvest is like going on a squirrel hunt with my dad or a brook trout fishing trip on the Two-Hearted with my Gramps...Thats why I hunt.

·
Registered
874 Posts
To steal Voelker because it works so well. "...not because I regard hunting as being so terribly important, but because I suspect so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts