Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· Registered
3,211 Posts
I'm still waiting patiently :(.

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Some of us like a challenge. That's like telling a deer hunter to put the bow down and only use a rifle because it is easier and less intimate of an experience imo. Fishing is fishing and hunting is hunting but there are different kinds that peak different people's interest. I know plenty of hardcore boat guys that catch as many fish as anyone but they love the hardwater too as it presents a different challenge. Probably a lot of guys like me in the fact that I get no rush of catching any sized pan fish from a boat so I concentrate on bass and other species I don't keep and eat or dread catching through the ice. But in the winter I love catching hog crappies and slab gills because that is the time of year they taste better and are more enjoyable to catch on light tackle. To me, a complete angler is one who can catch fish every way imaginable just a hunter that is successful with whatever season is in session. Besides, when you learn where the fish are in the winter you don't need to cover much water:)

· Registered
58 Posts
Yup, been getting some projects done now. Took advantage of the Frank's Shanty Days pre-order, so I got a new shanty and sled coming my way soon. Getting lots of jigs painted too! Meanwhile, I have salmon camp and whitefish to look forward too before the ice hits.

· Registered
554 Posts
Enjoying open water season but i’m real excited for the hardwater. Got big plans for this winter. Gonna chase walleye, perch and trout like usual but going to do a lot of night fishing for burbot - something I didn’t get to do last season at all. Got some good trips planned as well - hoping to get out to Fort Peck at least once to chase big pike and walleye. If I go twice I’ll be after some big Lakers!

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Who's going to make the first prediction to ruin it for everyone? Farmers almanac says plenty of cold and ice for Michigan this year!

Reactions: Mitten state
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.