Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be sitting on my SE LP public land spot hoping to catch a buck coming up from the swamp. I've never hunted this area before during gun hunting. Hopefully everyone is at work! :lol:

Oh yeah, hopefully my un-locked stand is still there otherwise I'll be sitting on the ground next to a tree. :)

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I was going to but I have some work that needs to get caught up on.
Damn priorities!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I will be out all day for the rest of the week. I used up the rest of my vacation...:sad:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I will be out after I get home from work around 8 am and sitting for the rest of the day. Hopefuly I can get a crack at 1 moving durning mid morning to afternoon.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yup ill be still hunting in the morning, and sitting in a treestand in the afternoon.. hoping 1 particular buck makes a fatal mistake!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm going to be sitting on my SE LP public land spot hoping to catch a buck coming up from the swamp. I've never hunted this area before during gun hunting. Hopefully everyone is at work! :lol:

Oh yeah, hopefully my un-locked stand is still there otherwise I'll be sitting on the ground next to a tree. :)
i was suppost to be hunting in the morning but step dad has an appointment at 1 after that we will be heading to brooklyn for a night hunt stay hunt all thursday n back home for a break for a day

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well here I sit in my stand. First time I'm out on firearm season. I miss my bow. I think the duck hunters are out on the lake but I'm not sure. Hopefully this time I get to suprised them!! Can't wait to hear the famous public land first light shots. It's 7:05 and none yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Welcome to public land gun hunting! You should of heard opening morning!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have heard around 20 shots already and have seen nothing but turkeys. They are way over populated probably about 50-75 running around. No deer. SW Kent C0. Private land
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think this is more depressing than anything when you're hunting alone and hear shots around you but don't see any deer. That's how it goes I guess
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think this is more depressing than anything when you're hunting alone and hear shots around you but don't see any deer. That's how it goes I guess
Posted via Mobile Device
Was your stand still there? Keep us posted about the hunt. Why aren't you hunting around kzoo?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
hardly any shots the past few days by me, there is a lot of corn up and the deer are getting pretty locked down right now, im waiting it out and giving the woods a break before i take a doe with the girlfriend

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not hunting kzoo because I don't live there anymore. About 4 seperate shots this morning. No deer sightings yet for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i was gonne sit this morning, woke up at 4:30 am turned on the weather and weather man said it's blowing 10-15 out of the east, brutal for the stand I hunt, let the dogs out and sure enough its windy... went back to bed and woke up at 7 to NO WIND......and there still is NO WIND and it's 8:30....bah

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
Wish I was hunting. Probably won't get out again until Friday or Saturday night... Maybe Sunday.

Heard a few of those "Rambos" out in the woods Sunday and Monday. My guess is they're just blowing off steam. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would put 5 shots into a deer. Sure would do a number on the meat!

KW

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Quick hunt this morning before work at the house. 2 doe fawns and one small buck by 8:00. A beautiful morning in the treestand - no wind like predicted.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Drove to a different public land spot and walked a bit on the edge of a corn field. There are empty stands everywhere so I'm sitting in one for a hour or so. Hope no one comes and tries to kick my butt!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I'm not hunting till Saturday morning. Opening day by buddy took a 5 point witch would have been an 8 but had one side busted up. Then an hour later missed the big heavy beamed 8 point I have seen during bow season. We looked for 2 hours for blood and or hair and did not find either. He was in a tall field and must have shot over the top of him?? He saw 7 deer total.
I seen 4 does headed for the swamp opening day where I was sitting(squeaky) The 16th I sat in the stand where my buddy sat opening morning (named poison ivy..I bet you can guess why it has that name) and had 8 deer around me for about an hour. 4 fawns 2 does and 2 bucks. The bucks were chasing the does all over. They were 1-1/2 year olds and both have one antler broken off. One is a one sided fork and the other is a one sided spike. I took a 4 point and a doe with my bow so I am hunting a wall hanger now.

Any one else score in VB???
Bucky

1 - 20 of 20 Posts