Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Hartford Township, over on the West side.:)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hartford Township, over on the West side.:)
Mark,

I grew up in Hartford. My dad taught school and coached football there for over 30 years. I did a lot of hunting with the Meachum boys growing up on and around their farms. Also with a buddy around Van Auken lake. I now live and hunt in Paw Paw.

Good luck this season!

Brad

·
Registered
775 Posts
Meeeeee, right between Gobles and Kendall. Been kinda slow so far, saw my first decent buck this morning, 8pt.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Lawrence/Hartford border and Lawton area. Have seen some nice deer and a lot of rut activity this week.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I do....Keeler township just across the county line. I was at my butches and go to see this hog. Taken somewhere in Hartford by a high school kid. 12 point dressed @ 212.
Good Luck, Bucky

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hunt South Haven private land with blueberries and river bottom. I've been skunked for archery season so far though. Looking forward to putting the boomstick in my hands. Good luck to all, I'll be listening for the shots.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Me. Sw of lawrence right now!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Having any Luck?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Not tonight .... Too warm and too much damn corn!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I got a 7 point this morning at 8:30. It's always nice to get one on opening day. I thought before the shot that it was a 2.5 yr old, but after the ground shrinkage, it was a nice 1.5 yr old. I'll get pics up later.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I'm not hunting till Saturday morning. Opening day by buddy took a 5 point witch would have been an 8 but had one side busted up. Then an hour later missed the big heavy beamed 8 point I have seen during bow season. We looked for 2 hours for blood and or hair and did not find either. He was in a tall field and must have shot over the top of him?? He saw 7 deer total.
I seen 4 does headed for the swamp opening day where I was sitting(squeaky) The 16th I sat in the stand where my buddy sat opening morning (named poison ivy..I bet you can guess why it has that name) and had 8 deer around me for about an hour. 4 fawns 2 does and 2 bucks. The bucks were chasing the does all over. They were 1-1/2 year olds and both have one antler broken off. One is a one sided fork and the other is a one sided spike. I took a 4 point and a doe with my bow so I am hunting a wall hanger now.

Any one else score in VB???
Bucky

1 - 20 of 32 Posts