Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Went Tuesday night but nothing was happening. Trying to decide if I want to try tonight but it makes for a long day of work the next day. I been seeing a few bugs on building around my work.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It would appear that most people are in fact hexing this year. I started nightly patrols on the 16th south of me, been working north over the last 8 nights. My kid released a fat 27.5" last week and I broke off my big one. 22.5" is as big as I've netted this season. Watch the temps before picking a river as a few of rivers will be right at the 70 degree mark this evening. Best to know what rivers run colder than others right now. Bug numbers are just starting to peak in southern trout waters, but just starting M72 and north.

Side note on the bonus of C&R: Three nights ago we landed the same brown my kid got last summer out of same log jam. I love doing that. Third time we've done it in the last 5 years. Last year 23", this year 24" with much more weight in her belly. Distinctive marks and a scar made it positive ID. Love seeing those big ones come back. Put the big ones back boys and good luck out there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts