Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, here it is two days before we're getting ready to leave Thursday night to try go & get up over the bridge hopefully despite the high winds, spend the night across the bridge and then land in the central Iron County at a cabin on a lake that I've never been to, and ground I've never hunted but we're very excited! Work has been crazy all this packing is a lot of work, but once you're there hopefully it'll be worth it,the peace of mind will be, we haven't stayed in a cabin in quite a few years!

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Yep, I left camp to today to take care of an obligation but will return very soon. The benefit of living close to camp. I’ll spend most of firearms and muzzleloader season at camp. I do bounce around and hunt other camps throughout the season too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We are headed up next Wednesday.
Put up some cameras mid October and is always fun looking through what’s been wandering through the last 3-4 weeks. We are in the Seney area no expectations as is normal.
13-14 th year (can’t remember) going with our group and a great time will be had no matter the hunting brings. Good luck to all coming up hoping for a little snow.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Okay guys, here it is two days before we're getting ready to leave Thursday night to try go & get up over the bridge hopefully despite the high winds, spend the night across the bridge and then land in the central Iron County at a cabin on a lake that I've never been to, and ground I've never hunted but we're very excited! Work has been crazy all this packing is a lot of work, but once you're there hopefully it'll be worth it,the peace of mind will be, we haven't stayed in a cabin in quite a few years!
What lake is it ?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahead of the game this year we got the rifles sighted in I'm going to open with the 450 Bushmaster Ruger American it's a very Compact and light and it really puts the deer down too quick ! It has been my lucky weapon for the last 2 years! But it's hard not to carry beautiful, Old Faithful my Ruger .270!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Say no more! Your post says it all! You are excited and we all should be excited for you! Best of luck and stay safe!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That is terrible, this Damn virus, prayers for speedy and complete recovery,we'll be thinking of you and tip a toast you're way for next year, for you all to make it to camp!

Just had to cancel my trip due to the family coming down with COVID. First opener missed in da up in over 30 years.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Just had to cancel my trip due to the family coming down with COVID. First opener missed in da up in over 30 years.
Sorry to hear that. ALL that matters is you and all your family get through it! Praying for you and your family. COVID-19 SUCKS!!!! You will be rewarded one way or another.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
This will be my first year of spending firearms season in the central UP. Recently moved up here, and have managed to find a few nice bucks on the cameras on public land. Unfortunately haven't had much time to hunt them yet due to the moving process. But my parents are coming up Saturday, and I’m REALLY looking forward to spending the gun season hunting with my dad and daughter up here! Hoping to make it the start of a tradition. Beautiful and diverse country up here, quite a change from the southern Michigan farmland I was used to, but in all good ways, except the deer numbers. Its just amazing to be able to explore miles in any direction.

·
Premium Member
11,720 Posts
I ve been here in Menominee county Spalding twp at my temporary home since early September I’d say the deer population seems to be up a little here. My crew begins to arrive tomorrow but due to covid one of the regulars won’t make it this year and another with a serious liver ailment probably won’t either. So looks like just 5 of us always fun with great food and lots of catching up to do. I hope everyone has a great camp. Be safe

1 - 20 of 110 Posts