Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its that time of year again. I have gone to the Lions home opener every year for the last 5 years. Yes sir I am a gultine for punishment!!!! Anyone else going? Gunrod? Stanleycup02?

My friends and I will once again be tailgating in the Eastern Market area. We will be in a red conversion van. We will have a pop-up type canopy setup with tables and chairs, and a silver No parking sign with a Lions flag stuck in it! 8 slabs of ribs on the grill and assorted other food and of course lots of beer and maybe a bottle of Wisers! This year we are breaking out the Detroit Lions offical Beer Bong!!!!! hehe!!!! So stop by!! Have a drink on me!!!

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Surprisingly, there are still tickets available for the game as of the time of this post (Friday 12:30 PM). Lower level seats to boot!

I'm not making this game, but I do have tickets for the Oakland and SanDiego games. Do a lot of people go to Eastern Market for tailgaiting? What time do they start showing up? How far away is it from the stadium?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep there was alot of people at last years opener at the Eastern Market. I can't tell ya about the rest of the season cause the home opener is the only game I ever go to. We usally show up about 4 to 5 hours ahead of the game. That allows plenty of time for cooking, eating, a game of touch football, drinking, etc. etc. From the Eastern market it seems like a long walk. Ill say 15 minutes. But hey that gives ya plenty of time to sober up a little! LOL!!!! The city has it set up pretty good. They place red trash cans around the neighborhood for hot coals. There are a few porta potties as well. Its $30 to park.

We go to the Eastern Market because we heard its illegel to tailgate the way we do anywhere else in Detroit. I dont know my way around Detroit at all. So thats about the only spot I can tell ya about tailgating. For future reference anyone else know a good spot to tailgate where you dont have to worry about being busted for alcohol?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts