Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many guys are going to be out on the last two days of the season. And how do you think your prospects are. I myself will hunt if it continues to thaw. I would like to hunt vermet if it is thawed out.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
still frozen,, unless it really warms up. There arent many other places around here. Most of the geese have bugged out also. Havent seen any in about 1 week.

·
Registered
92 Posts
youll never get in the vermet its froze solid

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I'm going out Thursday with the chainsaw :evil:

I've seen a decent amount of mallards around,they're mostly holding up in areas I can't hunt,but I've been able to lure them in before by cutting a good size hole a few days beforehand and keeping it open(which shouldn't be a problem with this weather).
I'll be hunting Saturday,but not Sunday. I'm sure Saturday night will put an end to any thought of getting up early SUnday morning :lol:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to wonder if there is going to be a drawing at fish point and if there is, will there be a bunch of die hards waiting in line. I have seen most of the ice in the creeks and stuff around my house opening up. I am starting to get fired up for saturday.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
We don't have enough water around here to worry about it being open or not. But, with the snow melt--there might be a field or two that birds (both ducks and geese) will work. I guess I won't know until I see how the week develops.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i live in tecumseh and there are 200-400 geese and about 75 ducks in the field next to the stamping plant on the east end of town the only problem is that they never leave the city limits hopefully theyll stray off to some other fields now that its warmed up a bit

·
Registered
20 Posts
After a long absence from duck hunting...I am planning on heading out for the last 2 days. I got an invitation to go, and I am going !!! I hope all do well !!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Team honker hangers will be back together after the holiday season and ready to cut some duckies.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Watching a field in the thumb that has around 700 birds working it on a consistant basis.

This weekend we'll be getting the layout wet again and smacking some of the thousands of Can's that are hanging around.

Good luck everyone and stay safe...........that water is a bit cold!!!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
May I be in a Bankes Pumpkinseed somewhere on the water come Saturday morning....

Gotta love this weather!!!!!

BFG

·
Registered
121 Posts
My spot on the K'Zoo opened up !!! Taking day off on friday to see if the Swamp is worth breaking up or not. Either way this weekend is special because my son gets to shoot for the first time. He has waited a looooooooooooooong time for this weekend. I told him not to hold his breath though. Lots of Mallards around will make it interesting.

·
Registered
386 Posts
We are heading out. The weather is looking promising. I was scouting yesterday and seen roughly 100 geese & 50 mallards coming into the cut corn fields on our farm. I imagine more birds will be coming in as the fields continue to flood. Bring on the Rain!!!. Good Luck to everyone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I,m knocking on wood too,I will be hunting a flowing river that has had 200-400 mallards coming every day for a month,knocking on wood!!!! ;) The river is only 20 yards wide, so not much room for missing :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts