Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos going out tomorrow morning? I want to go out on the bay however ive never been and I wont go out on the bay by myself without getting some experience. If anyones going out either the river like indy or z or heading to the bay and wouldnt mind teaching me a thing or 2 about the bay itd be great.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'll be out in the afternoon but fishing the river in sagnasty somewhere. Ready for a big one that i'm not gonna lose this time! I'm 0 for 3 on big pigs this winter, so far.:tdo12:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 0 for 0 right now man. I need to hit some keepers soon or I'm gonna go crazy lol all dinks so far 1 keeper 100 dinks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
No hawgs for me either yet! I'm putting stingers on my stingers from here on out!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'll be out in the afternoon but fishing the river in sagnasty somewhere. Ready for a big one that i'm not gonna lose this time! I'm 0 for 3 on big pigs this winter, so far.:tdo12:
Man your on fire!!! Did good first morning out haven't caught a keeper since!! Oh well got day off tomorrow so I'll finally get to be a Tuesday warrior lol good luck out there fellas

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I've been getting 2-4 keepers each time out, and should have a limit most times but keep losing the hogs. here's a couple little ones from sat, morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
I picked this one up Saturday morning 25 1/2. My daughter lost 2 at the hole that made this one look small. Darn jigging raps getting caught on the hole coming out. It's an inexperience thing that will get better, I hope....

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Judging from the color I would wager that was a resident. It was lighter when it first came out, but not much.....

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
Nice fish gary. You got to get em a little tired and when they're just under hole, reel rod tip right down in the water almost touching lure then lift back through center of hole. Fish will be where rod tip is, grab under gill, or pin against side of ice and lift while pulling up away from your face or anyone elses. Alot simpler then it sounds:lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cut the back hook off just before the bend. For the few caught on it you will land way more fish especially the ones that pull back😄 I know many will disagree but it does work. At least something to experiment with for you. It's all about options. dont have the problem much anymore in the 10 inch hole so went back to leaving back hook on.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've been getting 2-4 keepers each time out, and should have a limit most times but keep losing the hogs. here's a couple little ones from sat, morning.
Yes I know I've been reading your reports lol.I like pms if u would like to share where lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts