Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

whos fired up?

3K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  FishMichv2 
#1 ·
spent 500 plus on salmon/steelie gear the past couple wks. cant wait! spending half of august and all sept in the north country then steelied at home to follow! bring the silver!!!!! ahhh annual betsie trips.. Pm, white boardman....just cant wait. if you run into me say hello
Posted via Mobile Device

#6 ·
I live for this time of year :woohoo1:

Pretty much that. I've been telling my wife how pumped I am that Fall is almost here. She gets pissed whenever I bring it up. She is a teacher, and we have a pool, so Summer is her favorite time. I just keep telling her how much I cant wait for it to be over lol.

Plus we have Football coming up. How can you not LOVE the Fall?

Go Pack!

#9 ·
I am really fired up to fish in crowds for salmon. With all of these posts about when, where, how to it is going to be awesome fishing elbow to elbow with others while fishing with the same crankbaits, spinners, and baits. If the salmons are as tight lipped as the experts on this board we should all have a great fall.

#11 ·
From what I've seen out of the lake this year kinda hard to get fired up for salmon season and all that goes with it. Now last year.................

#12 · (Edited)
The fall is THE BEST time of the year bar none. Sorry hotbite to read your concept of salmon fishing, one of the joys of fishing is meeting new fishermen on the river. Three years ago I met a fellow on the PM who had a young fisherman with him for the first time. They were in a spot that I and my buddy had planned to fish, so we started to go down stream a little farther, instead he offered to share the hole. We have been friends ever since and have fished together many times for salmon and steel later on in the year. I am looking forward to spending many more hours in camp and on the rivers with him this fall. By the ways he is a member of this forum, and shares a lot of info. without reveling any specifics. I just wish he would learn not to hit logs in the river with his drifter.:rolleyes:

D

#13 · (Edited)
luv this site,with your attitude ,:gaga:you:gaga: shouldnt even be looking here if it makes you feel that way,and i dont want to hear from you either,sooooo go away snagger:xzicon_sm how did i know?????,from your outlook,i can tell you would rather be in a line of croton crawleries

#16 ·
Cannot wait, after the rain we had today it just feels llike it's here. I hit the PM last weekend and even the Grand downtown on Sunday hoping to see 1 or 2, no luck though. Can't wait to land some Kings followed by 6 months of steelhead fishing! Pere Marquette again this weekend I will let people know if I do any good, honestly I'm looking forward to early mornings with the guys, whiskey, and watching the Lion's during breaks in the fishing.

If you want to fish alone it's very easy to do, if you want to fish in crowds, that's pretty easy to do as well. This site helps people enjoy something that belongs to no one. If you can't see that or appricate it then I feel sorry for you.

#18 ·
Who would not be fired up.
To be there when the big push of salami's assault the Betsie and posting about it.
Catching the late night fish frenzy on the piers and posting about it.
Having a couple hundred fish try to occupy the hole your fishing on the Platte and posting about it.
Hitting the flip on Platte Bay and only being able to run 1 rod and posting about it.
but most of all.......... Watching the C.O. spread joy and cheer.:evilsmile and taking pictures of it.:lol:

#21 ·
I'm anxious this year because its my first time fishing the run in Michigan. Usually I make the 5-6 hour drive back to NY and fish my home waters, but I need a change. I plan on starting early this year and hitting the Betsie Aug 20-22. I know it won't be fast and heavy but its a change of pace from the "fight like dish rag" walleye down here on the St. Clair. Pretty stoked about the pier fishing too. Don't really get that back home and it will be a learning curve for me. I'm planning on a mid September trip up that way when things pick up. After that, its all about going back to NY for our browns and steel.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#22 · (Edited)
Hey bud you still have those pics from our sunday funday earlier this year at the end of the slaughterfest in April at Tippy? You remember the one in particular event you were so glad to have pics from. I never did see those get posted?
LOL:lol::lol:
Could have swore I posted it.
Just to refresh your memory.
Too bad i did not have a garbage bag big enough too carry him out with.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attachments

#24 ·
Pretty much that. I've been telling my wife how pumped I am that Fall is almost here. She gets pissed whenever I bring it up. She is a teacher, and we have a pool, so Summer is her favorite time. I just keep telling her how much I cant wait for it to be over lol.

Plus we have Football coming up. How can you not LOVE the Fall?

Go Pack!
I call bummer not summer :lol:

#25 ·
refer to my keep em all at Tippy advice on dealing with crowds :D

I won't be fishing Tippy this fall, LC. Any report i give will be on water that i fished.
If you have an issue with that then contact the mod for this forum and voice your opinion.
Telling people to lie about or mislead users in reports on an open forum does one thing and thats destroy credibility. Particularly yours.
Just something to think about.

#26 · (Edited)
I won't be fishing Tippy this fall, LC. Any report i give will be on water that i fished.
If you have an issue with that then contact the mod for this forum and voice your opinion.
Telling people to lie about or mislead users in reports on an open forum does one thing and thats destroy credibility. Particularly yours.
Just something to think about.
relax I was joking,I dont lie about reports either I just dont give specifics and help via PM,that is also something to think about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.