Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pretty muich have our camping set for this up coming summer ,just wondering where other members are planning to camp this year?were planning to camping at.
1. mid May Ceder Point
2.Memoriol Weekend Lakeport S.P
3June 11/12 and 13 Warren dunes S.P.
4 July 2/3/4. Kellys Island Ohio
5 July 9/10/11 Jellystone park Indian River
6July 11 thur 18 Aloha S.P.
7 August 7th thur 15th Ludington S, P.
8 Labourday weekend we will end up some where near Oscoda
9 Old Orchard for fall colors
10 Somewhere unknown at this time for Halloween Camping

Hoping weather early might sneak a camping trip in this spring

WHERE ARE YOU PLANNING ON CAMPING THIS SUMMER?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think my wife and I with other family members are planning on camping at HarisvileS.P.,Silver Lake S.P., and maybe LudingtonS.P. Not sure of any dates we just kinda plan it by ear.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Not sure where but we will probably be doing alot of camping this year. I can't wait for an early mournin getting out of the tent and heading down to the lake for a little fishing.

·
Banned
634 Posts
I will be camping in the Elk area north of Atlanta maybe in canada not sure yet.....If any one is up there during the time i am i would be glad to give you a elk tour.....Not sure of my dates yet i more or less go when i want to any way have a great summer ......

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
Manistee River state forest campgrounds, in the CCC bridge/Goose Creek area

Ironwood, MI in August

Alpena area for salmon fishing, probably Long Lake Campground

·
Registered
851 Posts
We'll be in Dayton, OH in May and then at Watt's Bar Tennessee, also in May for some fishin', and somewhere in southern Alabama in the same timeframe. We'll be out at Goose Lake in Jackson Cty most of the rest of the time (for fishin') until we go to California, hopefully in July or August, for my son-in-law's return from Iraq (1st Marine Division, 2nd deployment to Iraq).

I just LOVE driving to California. Just love being on the road. :D

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bluedevil,those three state parks you mentioned are all very popular if you don't have reservations you'll need to make em soon,to get in this summer.I started a thread on this forum about the state park reservation system most of popular fill up six months in advance.good luck hope you can get those are 3 of my favorites.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
First Ice out in april at little girls point county campground and then at black river harbor national forest campground, then both ontonagon and gogebic county campgrounds on lake gogebic. Then meet up with Kroppe in August. Do you know where yet kroppe? Let me know, they fill up very fast around here. I could check on a place for you if you don't have anything yet. PM me.
:)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
We are working on getting a seasonal on the West side of the state from May through Oct where the majority of our camping time will be spent this summer.

The maiden voyage for this year for fifth wheel will be next weekend at the St. Joe outing. Next, will be a few days in North Carolina during Easter break. We will be spending two weeks in Arkansas again. It's shaping up to be a very fun summer!!!

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
Waub,

Will let you know. Wife needs to sign up for the Hurley marathon, then we can make definite plans. Brookie fishing?? ;)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sounds like a plan kroppe, looking foward to it and the fishing!:D

·
Registered
994 Posts
We will be camping on the Pipestone River 1200 miles northwest of central Mi. it is the farthest that can be driven north in Ontario. It is north of the little village of Pickle Lake Ont.
The fishing up there would not be believed by most unless you have fished in those watersheds that go into Hudson Bay.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
We will be camping around the Grayling area (stste land) during turkey season, then again late July and Aug. to run dogs on grouse to get ready for season. Also going to try make the U.P. for a couple days to run dogs up there in July and Aug. also.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Rupestris, I added the black water falls site to my camping folder. Looks like a nice place to try sometime. Have you stayed at that particular campground before?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Memorial-kalkaska
1st weekend in august- alcona county park(primitive)
Off for that whole week, Looking for a state forest campground on a lake w/good fishing for a small aluminum boat. Maybe Lake Averill. Any suggestions?

Labor day week-Ontonagon getting camp ready for season.

·
Administrator
27,085 Posts
Well just got reservations at Leelenau pines RV park for July 8-12. Always want to try that lake.

A couple of state parks probably later in the summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Walleye Mike,

Nice campground. We have a seasonal site and really enjoy it. Haven't quite figured out the fishing yet but as evidenced by others there are a good number if nice fish. Hope you enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Will be in Alcona Co. for Turkey late April, don't know if I'll camp for sure or stay in rental cabin.
Always spend a week at Bond Fall's(ontonogan co.) 2nd or 3rd week in August.
Still planning Hmmm....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts