Votes: 33 26.6%
  • Les Stroud

Votes: 91 73.4%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets here it guys..out of hte two T.V personalitys that do Survival T.V. Shows...who would you want with you if you were stranded....Bear Grylls or Les Stroud....I personally think Les Stroud since they have all ready admitted that Bear Grylls confessed that his show is staged...and that Les Stroud runs his own cameras and everything...

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Les! By all means.

I don't think I could survive listening to Bear ramble on about himself for days. :evil:

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
I'd take guy from the British Special Forces that made it to the summit of Everest, over a turd that can't catch a fish in 3 seasons on his stupid show.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was waching one of the Bear shows, and he was feeling in tree roots for catfish. When he did pull one out you could see a fine cord that was tied to it to keep it in place under the tree roots. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd take guy from the British Special Forces that made it to the summit of Everest, over a turd that can't catch a fish in 3 seasons on his stupid show.
Les did catch some fish if you watched the show you would know that...caught some brookies up in colorado I believe..and he had trouble catching fish becusae thats what it is really like out there...he doesn't have his fish rigged up like Bear does...

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Les did catch some fish if you watched the show you would know that...caught some brookies up in colorado I believe..and he had trouble catching fish becusae thats what it is really like out there...he doesn't have his fish rigged up like Bear does...
No,, Sturd doesn't catch any fish because he doesn't know what he's doing..:lol:

You do know that before every show Lessss does,, he shows up a week before hand so the locals can show him how to do EVERYTHING that ends up in the show. Grylls might be staged, but at least he knows what he's doing (most of the time).

I'd love to see a show where they put Grylls and Les heads up against each other, to see who gets out of whereever first. Then when they get really hungry Bear makes Les eat his own poop. :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No,, Sturd doesn't catch any fish because he doesn't know what he's doing..:lol:

You do know that before every show Lessss does,, he shows up a week before hand so the locals can show him how to do EVERYTHING that ends up in the show. Grylls might be staged, but at least he knows what he's doing (most of the time).

I'd love to see a show where they put Grylls and Les heads up against each other, to see who gets out of whereever first. Then when they get really hungry Bear makes Les eat his own poop. :lol:
Well obivioulsy not everyone agrees with you since stroud won by 10 votes...I guess the real guys see through Grylls smokescreen.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Well obivioulsy not everyone agrees with you since stroud won by 10 votes...I guess the real guys see through Grylls smokescreen.
Maybe it's the other way around, maybe the people that voted for Lessss are turds that don't know how to catch a fish, even after a week of preparation as well?? :lol:

Seriously though,, all joking aside. We are probably comparing apples and oranges here. I'm basing my opinion on Bear's real life experiences, i.e, British Special Forces, summitting Everest, etc.. You appear to be basing your opinion on the " TV Show" and Bear's personality.

In a real life experience like that, I think it'd be foolish not to pair up with Bear. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I would rather have my dad with me because he has forgotten more about survival than I would ever know. when he comes out of the woods he is always eating something that he found out there. Forget about the tv heros.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
for real Bear takes way to many unnessary risks when it is cold out last thing you want is to get wet, or dive under water in a cave because you think you can make it through, just to name a few and the drinking your own pee thing,there is something realy wrong with that, almost every episode,maybe jardia in there better drink my pee instead, no thanks Les any day

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Bear takes way to many unnessary risks
Bear: Well, this cliff is 200 feet high, but I have an idea. All we have to do is jump over to that tree that's only about 30 feet away and use the branches to break our fall. It'll slow us down and we can then shimmy down the tree.

Les: Well, the ground is way down there and that tree is way over there. It'll take and hour longer, but let's find a better way down.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Les Stroud,

I think after being stuck out in the middle of nowhere for any length of time with a pee swilling british knucklehead. We would spend most of the time trying to kick eachothers asses instead of trying to survive.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Yeah... I voted for Les.
Didn't you knuckleheads ever see the episode where Bear gives himself an enema with bird sh** water? I'd rather stick with the guy who DOESN'T put weird stuff in his bum. :lol:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yeah... I voted for Les.
Didn't you knuckleheads ever see the episode where Bear gives himself an enema with bird sh** water? I'd rather stick with the guy who DOESN'T put weird stuff in his bum. :lol:
I missed that one. :lol:

Did you see when He was out in -20 degree weather with no hat or gloves and you couldnt see his breath? Then he tried to eat the eyeball from a yak and was gagging.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Stroud is a tree hugging whiner.Take the Bear any day! Take the made for TV theatrics out of it and the guy knows his ****!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts