Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will deffinattly have my hoyt with me while in stand, and whe 20 guage hanging beside me, just in case the big boy walks by a little too far. I was just curious if anyone else does this too.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Not me. I've had the bow for a month and a half. Now it's time for the gun powder! I'll have the bow back in my hands after the "noisy season" ends though!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I will have the bow. 16 days of noise then muzzleloader than the woods pretty much to myself. I really look forward to the late archery season. Be safe eveyone. Know your target 110% before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I'm thinking of just taking my bow and an orange cap.

I dunno if you can have 2 weapons with you or not. For some reason I wanna say no but I have been wrong on things before.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

I dunno if you can have 2 weapons with you or not. For some reason I wanna say no but I have been wrong on things before.
you8 can have both! no different than carrying a slug gun and a muzzleloader like i did last year..might do the gun bow thing!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I was planning on only taking my bow, but after reading this, I am thinking I am going to take a gun along as well. Hopefully I can do that, as long as I am wearing orange during the gun seasons.

Does anyone know for sure?? I am hoping to get one of the big boys with my bow, but if one walks by at 60 yards, I would not hesitate to take it with a muzzleloader!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know for a fact that last year I read you can take both.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
You can take either or both as long as you wear orange and have a valid firearm tag.

You can even shoot a crossbow during firearms season.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll be packing my 62 inch 50# longbow and 5 cedars.;) The stuff I hunt in is too thick for a gun anyway,LOL!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i am still undecided, im not much for gun, i did purchase a smoke poll a few years back but feel alot better with my stick and string in my hand.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I will pull out the bow again later in the gun season. But right now where I hunt the bucks are really chasing. And they won't stop moving hard no matter whether I grunt, scream, whistle. It is really difficult to get a shot with a bow at this time for me. So I am taking my shotgun. They do stop for it. :evil:

·
Registered
104 Posts

I was just reading on this today, I think you can provided you have either a combo tag or both and archery and a gun tag.

Me, I had considering taking my 44mag handgun and keeping it in my coat (YES, I have CPL) but I am going to stick with my bow. This is my first year bowhunting and I am absolutely addicted to it! I want to take one with my bow so I think I am just going to bowhunt till Jan 1.

Although, it would be nice to have less to carry afield.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Why in heavens name would you want to carry a bow and a gun? Or two guns? Pick one and call it good. We are going deer hunting not hitting Omaha Beach. I'll be using my muzzleloader. It's good medicine for the deer that have aggravated me during bow season:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts