Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some guys walked up to our shanty today and said they dropped their sled in.the one guy had some wet legs and the other was dry. dumb ass's were from flint and ventured out on the stuff that blew out a week or so ago. drove them to shore and went back out fishing. we seen them out there and couldn't believe it. just a few days ago i went to check that ice and i could kick through with my foot. you damn weekend warriors better get it together or your gunna wind up dead.take my word for it. dont just go venturing out there......

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I had a feelign that was gonna happen this weekend. Kudos for giving the guy a ride in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Happy to hear you helped them and they are ok. HOPEFULLY THEY LEARN FROM IT! Did they mark there sled at all?:yikes:

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Happy to hear you helped them and they are ok. HOPEFULLY THEY LEARN FROM IT! Did they mark there sled at all?:yikes:
East bound and down! Hopefully they got a decent mark on it and can recover it. Not gonna be a fun venture i can tell you that.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Guys,

We should be happy that nobody lost there lives and everyone got out ok.
Weekend warrior or everyday joe. Hopefully we continue to have some colder weather to lock it up good.

Enough said.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I agree completely.

·
Banned
752 Posts
That's why I bug a bunch of u up north guys all the time for the reports. I ain't tryin to get my warrior add wet.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
:evil:went to rec area at 1,00 went to 9ft seen afew walleye and some whitefish nothing doing about 3.00 we heard what we thought was a airboat but it was idiot in mini van :mad: made icecracking noise from hell there was ten inches of ice were going back tommorow good luck and watch out for vans

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
:evil:went to rec area at 1,00 went to 9ft seen afew walleye and some whitefish nothing doing about 3.00 we heard what we thought was a airboat but it was idiot in mini van :mad: made icecracking noise from hell there was ten inches of ice were going back tommorow good luck and watch out for vans
That mini van does'nt weigh much more than some of the Rhino's and other types of cart cars that I saw today. There's plenty of ice for that small vehicle in close. Put reflectors on you shanty....It ain't pretty out there when they're drinkin.

And just think, he had heat on high, music playing and a smooth, comfrtable ride. I think he's way smarter than ya think. :lol::lol::lol:

Idiot is a poor choice of words.

·
Registered
11,704 Posts
Those darn old vans are probably cheaper than most of th ATV's running around out there.

Glad those guys were safe no matter where they are from. Not everyone has the luxury of living close to one of the best fisheries in the country.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
some guys walked up to our shanty today and said they dropped their sled in.the one guy had some wet legs and the other was dry. dumb ass's were from flint and ventured out on the stuff that blew out a week or so ago. drove them to shore and went back out fishing. we seen them out there and couldn't believe it. just a few days ago i went to check that ice and i could kick through with my foot. you damn weekend warriors better get it together or your gunna wind up dead.take my word for it. dont just go venturing out there......
Way to go RAY AND MATT good job

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Heard a quad/shanty went through outta callahan rd yesterday as well, friend of a friend everyone ok minus equipment. Launched outta king rd last night, good trail out ice 10 inches out to 2.5 mile mark(13 fow) @ first crack. Plenty others past it. One walter 22 in, missed whitey. Pretty slow. Heard they did better north towards thomas though. Good luck be safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts