Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Stuff I twisted up today.. came out pretty good
I bet some of those would land some Chromers and Kings too if you like tossing them in rivers. I've always found the brightest colors to be best when throwing hardware for them.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
I bet some of those would land some Chromers and Kings too if you like tossing them in rivers. I've always found the brightest colors to be best when throwing hardware for them.
Well I will be tossing them this weekend for some hos, fingers crossed there's #s around.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Made a few today. My first time trying that powder paint. Some of it came out clumpy.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Been using powder paint for yours.
Couple of tips to avoid the clumps; don't heat the metal to much and stir the powder frequently.
Many times the clumps will flatten out if you bake in a toaster oven after dipping to harden the finish.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been using powder paint for yours.
Couple of tips to avoid the clumps; don't heat the metal to much and stir the powder frequently.
Many times the clumps will flatten out if you bake in a toaster oven after dipping to harden the finish.
Thanks for the tips. I heated the crap out of them. Hahah.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered, but can anyone explain the different types of spinner blades and how they affect how the lure performs? I see on Jann's there are Colorado, Indiana, French, Willow leaf, inline blades, etc.

How do I learn to make the best choice of blade for the application? Is there a guide anywhere? Personal preference?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Sorry if this has been covered, but can anyone explain the different types of spinner blades and how they affect how the lure performs? I see on Jann's there are Colorado, Indiana, French, Willow leaf, inline blades, etc.

How do I learn to make the best choice of blade for the application? Is there a guide anywhere? Personal preference?

Any input is appreciated.
Looking at the Colorado, Indiana, and Wwllow leaf designs, the Colorado will generally spin the slowest, thrown a larger vibration with each spin, pull back harder to reel, and ride higher in the water column. The willow leaf does the opposite of that, and the Indiana is in the middle. If you want a blade to work well at a very low speed, a Colorado would be a good choice. If you want to reel it really fast, a Colorado will come out of the water sooner than the other designs. The different designs will give different actions to fish the mood of a fish on any particular day. It's good to have an assortment of different styles and let the fish tell you what they want to bite.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looking at the Colorado, Indiana, and Wwllow leaf designs, the Colorado will generally spin the slowest, thrown a larger vibration with each spin, pull back harder to reel, and ride higher in the water column. The willow leaf does the opposite of that, and the Indiana is in the middle. If you want a blade to work well at a very low speed, a Colorado would be a good choice. If you want to reel it really fast, a Colorado will come out of the water sooner than the other designs. The different designs will give different actions to fish the mood of a fish on any particular day. It's good to have an assortment of different styles and let the fish tell you what they want to bite.
Awesome - really appreciate that. Is this something you learned by experience, or is there a guide somewhere that explains this? I wasn't able to find anything on Jann's.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts