Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe more appropriately: Who would like to do what, in 2018?

For the first time since I started my second career I can honestly say I am at a loss on deciding what to do and where to go next fall. Got some bonus points for a few species in two or three states but a person cannot count on getting drawn for any of those tags. I also have some PPs for several species in a couple states and may try for a tag but have some time to make that decision.

So, besides having an interest in what adventures others are planning for next fall, I have ulterior motives. If something sounds interesting I may look into it! FM

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Going to try my best to get back out to South Dakota for an East River archery hunt in 2018.(still have to talk my wife into that). My guys out there said that their fish & game dept have been talking recently about changing it from basically over the counter for non resident archery tags, to a preference point draw system.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I will be going where the draw takes me. Hoping I will pull an archery elk tag in New Mexico since I haven't been yet. Still don't have enough points for Nevada, Utah, Zona, or Wyoming (at least for a good unit).

If all else fails I will be back in Colorado on a guaranteed draw unit. I stay away from Idaho/Montana, don't want to deal with Grizz while being solo.

Also have Texas lined up for a mixed bag centered around hogs, hopefully with barberry sheep involved.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Spring black bear hunt in Alaska. Plus I'd like to pull together something for the fall but it will have to be September or late November/December and only a long weekend. Kind of stumped, but my available window and vacation days are limited.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
May: Wisconsin Trout Fishing
Sept: WY archery elk (guided) in the Bridger-Teton National Forest
Nov: Undecided if returning to my IL public land deer spot

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Wow! Seeing all of these great adventures makes me want to go on some of my own. I suppose I will need to bring the checkbook to the SCI Auction this year and do some spirited bidding and see what I can come home with.
Nothing planned for 2018 as it is another year of putting in for PP's.

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Pike spearing trip to Montana and North Dakota in late February.
Annual dove hunt in Indiana 1 September.
Northern Maine Grouse Hunt in October.
Where bouts in Montana are going spearing?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts