Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys if I or anyone on here were lucky enough to get a bear can anyone recomend a good taxidermist... my taxidermist does a pretty good job... might have to check out his bear a bit more but I am thinking about getting a bear mount instead of a rug... does anyone have any pics they want to post of bear mounts? that would be great...

thanks, Craig

9 days!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know a guy in the sault that is really good. He did a mount for a buddy last year and it turned out awesome. If you would like his name and number give me a PM.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had one mounted by a guy just south of the Sault, east of I75 Probly eight years ago. Still looks good. Might be the guy Phillycheese is talking about. Didn't take long either.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I had one mounted by a guy just south of the Sault, east of I75 Probly eight years ago. Still looks good. Might be the guy Phillycheese is talking about. Didn't take long either.
That would most likely be Bob Parkey of Parkeys Taxidermy in Indian River.. I believe there are only 9 Grand Master Taxidermist in the world and he is one of them.. I just spent 5 days in Ontario with Bob last week and stopped by to drop off 5 bears to his show room and his work is nothing short of amazing... So just depends on what you are looking for..

Craig - I would drop off your bear to be tanned by Bob cause it is right there and he works with the largest hair on tanning facility in the world and then as far as the mount just call me and we will talk.. I have a few guys...

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Does anyone even do Bear hides in house in Michigan???
I mean the whole process.
Most I talk to are in betweens and send their hides out to get tanned then get em back and mount them,
It'd be nice to find someone around here that can do it all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tanning of bears should be done by a tannery, not home tanned. Bears are notoriously greasy and a tannery does a better job than a home tan. Most guys aren't set up to do thier own commercial tanning. Its expensive and highly regulated.

Hugh

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check this gut out. Did 2 bears for my in-laws. Very good job. He had a ton of mounts in his showroom. Don't have his ph#, may be able to find it online.

NANCARROW TAXIDERMY
. 3968 S. VAN BUREN RD. FRANKENMUTH. MI. 48734.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That would most likely be Bob Parkey of Parkeys Taxidermy in Indian River.. I believe there are only 9 Grand Master Taxidermist in the world and he is one of them.. I just spent 5 days in Ontario with Bob last week and stopped by to drop off 5 bears to his show room and his work is nothing short of amazing... So just depends on what you are looking for..

Craig - I would drop off your bear to be tanned by Bob cause it is right there and he works with the largest hair on tanning facility in the world and then as far as the mount just call me and we will talk.. I have a few guys...
The guy near the Sault is Randy Desormeau, I think its called Northland Taxidermy in Pickford. Bob is below the bridge in Indian River.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts