Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all drew March permits for the special early hunt,
unit J-K .
Looks to be good huntin tho a bit colder than I like.

Anybody else draw ?

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Thunderhead,

Did you go with the early March hunt, or the guaranteed hunt later in March?

I got drawn for the special rifle only Valentine's Day hunt down here. I'll be sighting in the .223 shortly.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
We went ahead and put turkey on the preserve licence since they are listed as an upland bird. . .open most of the year, it is great!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thunderhead said:
We all drew March permits for the special early hunt,
unit J-K .
Looks to be good huntin tho a bit colder than I like.

Anybody else draw ?

Hey... isn't that hunt statewide ??? Not just unit J - K ???

Maybe I should read the reg's better ;)

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Gee, I thought it was for Montcalm County, so many birds down there, they're everywhere...and it's a warm weather hunt compared to up here, even during the regular hunt!

;)

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I had enough preference points and actually was able to get two!!!!!!

Wont be long now. I am looking for a box call that says BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!? If anyone can help I will be grateful.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Linda G. said:
Gee, I thought it was for Montcalm County, so many birds down there, they're everywhere...
There used to be birds everywhere around here until that dang guide from Carson City and his clients killed them all!:evilsmile

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
omega58 said:
We went ahead and put turkey on the preserve licence since they are listed as an upland bird. . .open most of the year, it is great!!

I've got my March tag, and I can't wait to work the dog on some of those upland turkeys.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
wyle_e_coyote said:
I've got my March tag, and I can't wait to work the dog on some of those upland turkeys.

I never thought of that.....do you think it would mess up my pup if I start him on Turkeys too soon?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't believe I got about half way through this before I started saying to myself, "WTH are these guys talking about?!?!?!"

:bash: :lol:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
NEMichsportsman said:
I never thought of that.....do you think it would mess up my pup if I start him on Turkeys too soon?

Oh never too soon to start them on turkeys. The good thing about turkeys, you can buy farm turkeys cheap for training. You'll need to beef up the springs on your launcher though.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I went looking through my guide to find this "early March Hunt."

"Damn, what is Thunderhead talking about?" I said to myself. "I don't see any March dates."

I am the most gulible guy on the internet.

Did I ever mention that I've been in Amway:lol:
:fish:
THREE TIMES:lol::yikes::lol::yikes::lol::yikes:

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
CaptainNorthwood said:
I too was saying what the [email protected]!! are these guys talking about.....rifle hunts, dogs hunts, march hunts. LOL

Wait until April 1st rolls around!!!!:lol::yikes:

·
Registered
815 Posts
The major advantage to the Unit J-K early March hunt is...........

......The nekked backwards walking rotten smelling beast is still in hibernation. :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
I killed a nice gobbler this morning with my .22 mag. Put my antlerless tag on him since his spurs were less than 3". Got him in area BS. Lots of hunters in that area.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
D_Hunter said:
The major advantage to the Unit J-K early March hunt is...........
......The nekked backwards walking rotten smelling beast is still in hibernation. :D

Are you sure it was naked? I thought nobody actually saw it???

Besides Thunderhead will probably say that it doesn't hibernate so he can have the March Turkey woods to himself!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts