Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Whitmore Lake today with my S I L going for toothy critters. Slow day over all with only 2 sublegal pike and 8 bass, both smallmouth and largemouth coming to the boat. The bass were 12 to 14 inches. The pike were caught on a Mepps # 5 aglia and the bass on jig/power grub. Water temps were from 63 to 69 degrees and some nice cabbage pike weeds were present. The state of Michigan was taking sediment samples from 67 fow to check for pcb`s and whatnot. Anyone ever do any good with the walleye`s out there? I`ve caught them but not many.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
you are among the chosen few if you have landed an eye or two from there..never heard of a limit taken..the ol thursday nite club fished her a few times..any walleye luck seem to be in southwestern corner of the lake..Hey how was the Crappie Bite? guys talkin at ramp or see any panfishing?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn`t catch any crappie although I wasn`t targeting them either. I did catch a few rockies though. I talked to one other boat back at the ramp and they didn`t do squat. I checked the DNR stocking site and according to them they`ve stocked the heck out of the wallys there. I just never heard of anyone doing that good there.
http://www.michigandnr.com/fishstock/default.asp

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Only once have we taken more than 1 walleye out of there in one trip. It's not unusual to catch 6 or more pike in a few hours for two of us though. Our best so far has been a 31 incher. We also caught a 40 inch plus muskie back in the 90's when there were a few left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts