Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe Whitetail Deer Forum is heating up for a few months....

....i am already seeing the increasing numbers of members viewing this forum.

THere will always be tons of new posts and viewers from now till about the end of January...

tons and tons of deer info...i love it

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have been peaking in this forum all spring and summer too...

...just cant get enough...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Been thinking about deer season since Jan 1st!!!!! Its in my blood.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I think about bow hunting 24/7

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by farmlegend
I guess there's lots of folks out there who start thinking about deer hunting around September 1.
And then when they don`t see deer it is someone else`s fault. :D

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Sadly, there's some that don't think about it until Sept. 30 or Nov. 14. And often, the unfortunate deer that cross their path get an arrow in the shoulder or gut from lack of practice or a bullet from an unsighted firearm. :( :mad:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I am pretty bad this year. I have picked up my bow maybe 5 time's in the past 2 month's. When usually, I am shooting all year long. But I can't complain. I am still shooting a 2"-3" group at 20yds.

I have a spot that is well used (deer wise) year after year. Yeah their pattern change's, but if they are not using this trail or area, I know what other trail's they are using....

I have seen the same Doe 4yrs in a row. The reason I know it is the same Doe, is because she goes under a old fence, and it take's the hair off the top of her back. I have not shot her because she give's twin's every year, and last year, she had triplet's.

If I don't see any deer, I have nobody to blame except myself for not getting out their earlier.

So on that note. Good luck. Have fun. Shoot straight. Good hunting.

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
There's still plenty of time for practice. But start now, shoot often and continue thru the season. Don't shoot for 10 minutes, get a decent group and then say "I'm ready" and put your target away for the season. I even suggest using a couple practice broadheads and shooting with those from your treestand at different shooting contingencies at each stand. Use a foam broadhead target, have your buddy move it around to different spots below you where you think you might shoot at different ranges. That way, he can get the arrows back up to you so you can get several shots. You might be suprised that the ranges and results are different than you thought.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I always spend the month of September shooting my hunting setup. Not only broadheads but shoot with the gloves you'll be wearing and everything. Know how that bow is going to handle the way it will in the woods at the moment of truth. You owe it to the animal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm fired up now that I got my first roll off the game cam , a nice perfect 10pt and another buck . Once its scanned I will post the picture!!!! come on oct. 1st also the picture was taken at 1.40 pm (afternoon)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts