Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,074 Posts
They’re still growing, some years my food plot produces pounds of morels.
I need to buy my seeds from that company. Who wouldn't buy a bag of that with a big buck and a big morel on the bag ?

L & O

·
Registered
20,074 Posts
Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding.. I was under the impression that intentionally growing morels was nearly impossible. If not, I need to get whatever that is
It is, I was joking if anyone thinks I was serious.

L & O

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I was told if you put one in a blender and spray the puree in your yard you'll get morels in 2 years. I'm skeptical...
Ya you here stuff like this, but does anyone truly know first hand that it works? I doubt it. That's why they are still expensive to buy at the stores. If that crap worked any mushroom nut would have all they want growing around their yard!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
44,250 Posts
Ya you here stuff like this, but does anyone truly know first hand that it works? I doubt it. That's why they are still expensive to buy at the stores. If that crap worked any mushroom nut would have all they want growing around their yard!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
He says he gets them along his fence where he dumped the stuff. I have no reason to not believe he gets morels in his yard. But I'm skeptical as to how it actually came about.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't have the slightest clue if that would work or not. But I wonder if taking a large amount of soil from an already existing morel plot and transplanting it some where else would work? It would be a real shame to have people digging up spots on public land if that was the case

·
Registered
21,649 Posts
I was told if you put one in a blender and spray the puree in your yard you'll get morels in 2 years. I'm skeptical...
Guys wife is probably still reminding him he wrecked the blender before plugging up the sprayer with stone chips.
:dizzy:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had some buggy morels that I decided were no good so I crumbled them up and spread them under a plum tree in the yard. I would get 1/2 dozen a year until I had to cut the tree down. Still came up for a couple years then nothing.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have done that for years but under a 100 year old Apple in a prime location, no luck for me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have done that for years but under a 100 year old Apple in a prime location, no luck for me.
This does work, kinda.
An old friend taught me many moons ago to put the fresh pinched mushrooms in a pan of water, let soak for about a six packs time, then pour that water on specially prepared composted ground & holy bageebers does it work.
I can explain how/why but that’s not the topic.
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts