Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So much for the east winds cooling down the water temps.

I snuck out before work this morning at 4:30 in hopes of adding some fish to the cooler & managed a #5 king that came to the boat at 7AM.

The fish hit a green glo/blackladder #4 J-plug on a SWR set-up 85' in 115FOW.

I marked a bunch fish in the 40-50' range, but I couldn't get anything going so I started a west troll until I hit 120FOW.

Surface temp was 70 degrees & the probe was reading 68 degrees 85' down in 120FOW. The needle on the temp probe display stayed at 70 degrees & only started to minutely go down once the probe was down 50'.

Several other boats were out & radio traffic had one boat that was 4 for 4 out past 200FOW.

If you want fish, it looks like you need to head west & fish deep.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was the guy coming in right behind you this morning. We ended up 2/2 between 85 and 95 FOW. One on a rigger 80 down with a green scaley J-plug and the other on a mono dipsey set at 3 150' back. Then my partner started getting green on me and we called it quits.

Bob

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was the guy coming in right behind you this morning. We ended up 2/2 between 85 and 95 FOW. One on a rigger 80 down with a green scaley J-plug and the other on a mono dipsey set at 3 150' back. Then my partner started getting green on me and we called it quits.

Bob
Nice chatting with you this AM Bob.

Next time I'm out I'll give you a shout & so that we can share info on the water instead of the ramp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts