Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone have any info on the white river at hisperia?

Water: high/low

Clearity?

Temperature?

Fish activity?

My father, brother, and I (maybe a friend) plan on going up there next weekend for the first trip of the season I hav't even got my rod wet yet and any info would be great.

maybe any info on rivers around that area of this type would help us out please?

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
When I came thru Hesperia Monday afternoon on M-20 it was high. On the up stream side of the bridge it was in the yards. It is going to take some time for this rain and snow melt to go down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have fished the white a few years ago by a bridge called tayler I believe and when i was there the water was very very low. I was just wondering how long the river will be up. Does it take a long time for the water to receed and go back to being low or do you think it might last till salmon season with the rain we will get this year?
Kevin

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info matibeard I was thinking river would be high like every where else hopfully it will go down in a week or 2?

bbell3000 yes the water will go down sometime this month or begging of next wich would be april I would think towards end of this month???? I dont know what time of year you fished white river but in summer it dose get pretty low. I had canoed it few years back and in some spots had to get out canoe and pull it across some gravel beds.

if anyone has or gets any more info about the white please let me know thanx

·
Registered
640 Posts
I live about 5 miles NW of Hesperia and go into Hesperia a few times a week. I didn't fish it today but went across the bridge below the dam this afternoon . The water is receding and is fairly clear now . LOTS of people fishing below the dam to the bridge.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awsome bluegill bob thanx for the info I didnt want to waste my time when I head up next weekend but it sound great. Im going with my parents to meet some friends that live up there and was going to do some casting hopfully next weekend will be alot better conditions.
thanx

·
Registered
693 Posts
It looks as though I will be heading over there this weekend to wet a line, so I'll make sure to post a report. According to the stream flow data, the river has dropped considerably over the last 4-5 days. At one point, it was showing a flow of around 2300 cfs, but is now down to around 1000 cfs. I would think by Saturday it should be somewhere around 700 cfs. As long as the water has come clarity, it shouldn't be too bad to fish.

nymph

·
Registered
640 Posts
I stoped at the Dam in Hesperia this afternoon. The water clarity is not bad. Lots of fast water over the dam yet, but is droping. The water level is between the 2nd and 3rd step from bottom on the stairway going into the water below the dam. Not many fresh Steel at the dam yet. Lots of fishermen.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes nymph please do drop a post when you get back please and good luck on your fishing tight lines..

·
Registered
640 Posts
We have about 6" of new snow on the ground this morning (Fri) temps in the 20's today and 40 for the weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished 12-5 Sat. and 7-12 sun. Very crowded between dam and bridge. Saw about a half dozen fish on with only three landed in cluding the 8lber my buddy caught .All looked like resident fish, nothing silver yet. Water clarity wasn't too bad but it's still very cold and even the fish that were hooked seemed sluggish, just rolling not running or breaking water. All fish were caught on waxies below bobbers.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sorry Chrome Steel, but I didn't end up making it to the river this past weekend (worked the whole weekend instead). As of now, I'm planning on heading over there either Friday evening or Saturday morning and fishing thru Sunday. Drop me a line if you're going to be over that way and are looking for some company.

nymph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts