Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some boxes out 2 days ago and have been getting hammered with lake effect ever since but did pick up a little polar bear today.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Congrats Chris it sure does look like a nice size one.

Hey man i feel dumb but i for the life of me cant remember your daughters name..

But tell her congrats on the catch cause we know she is the one who got it lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang Rob, your on to me. Your right, Hannah is the brains behind the operation, I just drive the truck. :D

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Lmao From what i hear chris driving up that way is getting rough. How much snow are you guys up to?

I know i have heard you guys were getting hit hard. We didnt get but a couple inches kind of was wishing for a lil more.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pic. WTG on the weasel. I made a couple of boxes but have not put any out yet. Looks like there is no time like the present, after all cant catch any if there still in the shed.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Very cool!

Is that a short tailed?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, short tails. Rob; we were getting a couple of inches an hour at times. I think there's about 20" but it's been cold so it's nice and dry. Here's another one from today.

Chris

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I have an Ermine living under a cedar trunk behind the cabin. He is doing a good job keeping the mice and chipmunk population in check. Cool little critters.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Oh man you do have a lot of snow!! Surprised you are getting a few in all that snow. Great job! I finally put out 4 boxes today where I know there are weasels. Not going to trap them like I had planned this year. Oh well let them produce until next year. OT

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Magnet, yep they are neat little critters! I would keep that one around too!

OT, I figured empty boxes with all the snow the last two days too. I put a little notch in the top of the hole so they can jump in without knocking the snorkel out of their mouth. I think that's helping. :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
When I was in college, my buddies had one living in their house. They used to feed it meat in the kitchen once in a while (after it cleaned up the mice). Much cooler than a cat. If you were patient and sat very still, it would come out and grab the meat while you were sitting there. It was lightning fast! Wathcing it made you glad you outweighed him by a couple hundred times!

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts