Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys and gals,
i am sure this has been asked a thousand times but what do you all prefer to set on your bow as far as a rest goes? iam setting up a new bowtech tribute. i would like to do it right the first time and get through a season with the same stuff as i started with i do like both the bisquit and rip cord but thought i would ask yall and see what ya think?
thanks,
tjstebb

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Oh MAN,.... :eek: :eek:

I'm not gonna' be the guy to start this little debate :lol: :cwm27:

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I presently have neither rest but at one point have had both on a bow. I personally like the ripcord better...It can be set to surround the arrow so it won't fall off ( good feature of WB) yet its a drop away so you don't have to worry about contact and vanes being torn off (negative feature of WB).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I shoot neither rest but it sounds as the rip-cord is a drop away and I have drop away on my Bowtech and it works great. Personnally I would choose the drop away.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
I'm currently shooting a WB but I loved my TT drop away. I'd probably go with the drop away. On the Binary cams, don't tie off to the cable, tie off to the cable slide instead. Tieing off on the cable can play havoc with the binary cams. Some are using the limbdriver drop away on the bowtechs to eliminate any cable issues

·
Registered
743 Posts
i would go with the WB over the ripcord if you are just hunting. they are both full containment, but i have seen 3 seperate ripcords that didnt get out of the way fast enough. the rest of the ones are loud. also, lots of plastic on that rest, and we all know what happens to plastic in the cold.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Adam Gibbs said:
i would go with the WB over the ripcord if you are just hunting. they are both full containment, but i have seen 3 seperate ripcords that didnt get out of the way fast enough. the rest of the ones are loud. also, lots of plastic on that rest, and we all know what happens to plastic in the cold.
If you have seen 3 ripcords that didn't get out of the way fast enough, you have seen 3 ripcords that were not set up properly!
The only noise problem is when the rest falls, and that problem is easily cured with a little mole skin were it lays down.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had a ripcord on my bow until i hit it pretty hard on a branch while lowering it out of the tree during the late season but i liked it so much im going to put another one on when i get home from school

·
Registered
743 Posts
blk82072 said:
If you have seen 3 ripcords that didn't get out of the way fast enough, you have seen 3 ripcords that were not set up properly!
The only noise problem is when the rest falls, and that problem is easily cured with a little mole skin were it lays down.
trust me, they were set up properly. done quite a few of them. i had one problem, while the other two were done by a guy that is ten times the bow tech than i am.

·
Registered
565 Posts
blk82072 said:

:yeahthat:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Adam Gibbs said:
trust me, they were set up properly. done quite a few of them. i had one problem, while the other two were done by a guy that is ten times the bow tech than i am.
I have also setup a ton of them and if the fletching is coming into contact with the prongs something is wrong with the way the rest is installed. It is adjustable, if fletching contact is occuring, it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'm not a fan of the WB at all. I think it's louder on the draw, on the shot, slows down arrow flight a bit, and tears up fletchings. I'll would only sell it to a youth or a beginner. If those are the only two you'll consider, go with the ripcord for sure. Otherwise I would get an Ultrarest or ZeroEffect because I've great luck with those. I haven't got to mess with the Ripcord that much but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
wolverines said:
I'm not a fan of the WB at all. I think it's louder on the draw, on the shot, slows down arrow flight a bit, and tears up fletchings. I'll would only sell it to a youth or a beginner. If those are the only two you'll consider, go with the ripcord for sure. Otherwise I would get an Ultrarest or ZeroEffect because I've great luck with those. I haven't got to mess with the Ripcord that much but I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Hate to say it, but my WB is neither loud on the draw or the shot, and I see very little if any arrow speed decrease, and in 5 years of use I have yet to see any wear on my arrow fletching. Best hunting rest on the market, as attested to the dozen deer that I have taken since using it. They didn't mind at all if I was using the WB.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
for hunting,the wisker biscuit hands down, if the bow is set up properly there is no ripped off fletchings and the blazers are awesome. Not to mention no moving parts, something to be said for simplicty

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
wolverines said:
Totally disaggree with this statement. I have been using the WB since it came out on the market. If your hunting and hitting a few 3-d shoots in the off season for extra practice the WB is the way to go.

I do not have any ripped or damaged fletching on my arrows, I hear no noise when I draw or shoot my bow that would be cuased by the WB. Speed if I am loosing any I would be surprised. As my bow shoots 308 fps. If I lost a 1 FPS because of the WB which I know I am not. It is not going to matter when your hunting. I have talked with people and I have tried other rests. There is no other rest for a bow that can compare to a WB when your a hunter. There is no mechanical features to fail, no strings tide to your bow string or cables as with the rip cords. The arrow is always in the same place never leaves the rest until you remove the arrow or shoot the bow.

If it was me I would be putting the WB on.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I like the concept of having the arrow contained with the WB, but I don't really like the looks of it on a bow, maybe its just me. I think i'm gonna stick to my rip cord, hasn't failed me yet. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
ive used the wb the last four years, never had a issue with it, killed plenty of deer. I had a co-worker rag on the wb for a couple years until he had an arrow fall off his rest while shooting at a nice buck. Thats when he switched now he wont shut up about how great it is. never used the rip cord so i cant campare the two.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts