Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is whipping as effective during the day as it is at night?
just starting out here and would like to get a little more info on rapala sizes and colors for marine city

is 14 pound test too much line or not enough?

·
Registered
693 Posts
No, all colors & sizes and not enough. I run 30 lb. test Fireline for the main line and 12 to 14 lb. test for the leaders............Bob B.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Usually a night method, but I have seen people doin it in the early day. I use 27# Muskie Master on my reel and 12# Fireline for my leads. I use #11 and 13 raps, but have been told to go down to #9 or 7 raps later in the summer. But that is a spring time method for me. I would rather get em drifting harnesses this time of year.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You can whip the SCR during the day when the water gets dirty. Back in the day my pals and I caught them in the pouring rain and 80 degrees out :dizzy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hear some guys whipping at Russell Island have been getting all thier fish before it gets dark. I know that would be nice for work the next day!!!:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The Friday during the marble eye i got 19 fish before it got dark...but it completely stoped when it was dark.The water was dirty but the next day it was clear with the same results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts