Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard the term Whippin as a method for fishing the river for walleye. What is this method, what equipment is required and how do you rig it. Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
Thanks for the help. Could you explain the term "tied in tandem"? Are three way swivels tied two feet apart on the main line with one or two foot leaders to the stick baits or are the stick baits tied in line?

·
Administrator
27,205 Posts
The second lure is tied with a leader to the rear eye.(where the back treble hook is) of the first lure. ----------first lure-----------second lure----third lure

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,
Thanks for the details, that is not the way I would have rigged it. I fish out of Marine City on occasion. Hope to see you out there in the spring. I'm in an 18' Lund with camo sides.
Good fishin
Dan

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
You could also try a PM to Tubejig or Ed Stringer if your still looking for advice. It sounds like they whip alot and they would be a good source to ask for help.:) :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
BigDan when the lilacs start to bloom give me a hollar I'll take you out in your boat so you get the feel with your own rig. I'll bring an extra rod along with my goods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts