Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinkin about buying the pops a set of rod trees for his boat he has a lund with the track system. Anyone know which tree maker has the same setup as the lund track so we can just install it right into the factory track system?????? Thks david....

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
None that i know of. You will need to mount them to the lund bracket.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
612 Posts
Im thinkin about buying the pops a set of rod trees for his boat he has a lund with the track system. Anyone know which tree maker has the same setup as the lund track so we can just install it right into the factory track system?????? Thks david....
Do a web search and look up Traxstech website, look for the mounting options, then look at the T-bolt's and the Tracks. The T-Bolts fit into the Tracks of your lund. I would suggest 3 T-Bolts per side and at least a 24" track.
hope this helps

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has the sport fisher i think it has the black track system on it ill get a pic of it when i get up to his place and go from there i guess thks for the info guys

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His looks like the pic that us marine posted his rod holders now are the black lund ones thats y i said they were black....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've tried several brands of trees and their all for the birds. They all mount to far out side the boat making removing the rod with a fish on very risky. You must extend the handle of the rod 16 inches from the side of the boat to remove the rod.. Look at Great Lakes Rod Holders, I run a 4 holder bank on each side with NO problems for over 20 years.. Rod trees went on Craig's list years ago..

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've tried several brands of trees and their all for the birds. They all mount to far out side the boat making removing the rod with a fish on very risky. You must extend the handle of the rod 16 inches from the side of the boat to remove the rod.. Look at Great Lakes Rod Holders, I run a 4 holder bank on each side with NO problems for over 20 years.. Rod trees went on Craig's list years ago..
Yep soo risky that this guy.... who has owned a boat for all of 13 day's was able to land a nice 26 inch walleye... and never fell over.. and never open water fished until June 3 2015. but hey... you see what I have in my pic.. go with what you want.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Lol. Love my trees and when I see folks with rods holders all down the side from the windshield to the transom I just kind of scratch my head. I see alot of triple titloks mounted all the way back which has to be inconvenient let alone harder to clear boards. But to each their own

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Lol. Love my trees and when I see folks with rods holders all down the side from the windshield to the transom I just kind of scratch my head. I see alot of triple titloks mounted all the way back which has to be inconvenient let alone harder to clear boards. But to each their own
Yeah I really should give trees a try. If it ain't broke but......

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to change the subject but... If you havnt bought trees yet, look at High Seas Gear in Amazon. Just bought a set of triples for $200. That's $100 each compared to everyone else at roughly $300 for one. They are perfect for pulling boards for walleyes !

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called him and his boat is the 1800 sportfisherman and he said the track was the 42.... We run 3 rods a side... He has 4 lund rod holders now and we usally hold the 3rd roc in are hand and switch it out when we get a fish on 1 of the others i might just buy him another set of the lund 1s and get the taller arms on them... Thks for all the info guys ya gave me a few options to look at... David...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts