Votes: 18 22.2%
  • anything and everything

Votes: 17 21.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fish is the most fun to catch, or your favorite to catch? And why.

Redneckman

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
redneckman said:
Which fish is the most fun to catch, or your favorite to catch? And why.

Redneckman
The one's that are biting of course! :lol: :yikes: :whistle:

Walleye are fun but I cant seem to get into enough of those.
Perch, Jumbos!
Crappie give will give up a pretty good fight!
But there's nothin like hookin into a fiesty hammer handle when your rigged for pan fish! :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I fish for walleye more then anything else these days but nothing crushes a lure next to the boat like a pike! I'm almost 40 and a big one will still make my knees knock.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
By far anything on a top water popper or fly, just watching the fish attack is half the fun. Whether it be sunfish or smallmouth its a riot. Other than that anything with light tackle is more enjoyable for me.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Love those walleye thru the Ice!! It doesn't get much better than that for me!! They don't have to be big 5-6lbders.....I'll take a limit of 18inchers any day!!

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
A 50# ( + ) Tarpon.....A 25# ( + ) King Salmon in ice cold water...A 15# ( + ) Steelhead in ice cold water....A limit of Jumbo Perch.....A limit of 10" Gills....And a Partridge in a Pear tree...All the same to me....ya gotta git the got when the gettin kin get got.........:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,425 Posts
Houghton laker said:
Love those walleye thru the Ice!! It doesn't get much better than that for me!! They don't have to be big 5-6lbders.....I'll take a limit of 18inchers any day!!
:yeahthat:

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
:corkysm55
WuT He sED ...
:evilsmile
YuM... 18 inchers.....

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Love catchin' My Walleyes, But River Smallmouth are My passion. IMHO, the best fighting freshwater fish goin' ! Bob

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
My favorite fish to catch is a Carpazoid.

Then again, one of my prefered fish is Walleye, Perch, Panfish, and Pike, pretty much in that order. After that it is pretty much anything and everything.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have to say pound for pund smallmouth bass are hard to beat......but for the pan give me slabber gills or walleye mmmmm

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
1lb plus perch on hard water... it don't get any better... ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
For me it`s the all mighty steelhead. BIG gills on their beds do make for some very exciting days tho.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well, maybe not a warm water species .... But Halibut would get my nod. Jiggin that thing up out of 200+ fow and then the guide has to shoot it with a sawed off .410 shotgun, before bringing it into the boat :yikes:

·
Registered
400 Posts
My vote went to Smallmouths. What do I normally fish for? Walleye, Perch or Gills of course. Them Bass don't taste that good. Don

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the conditions and the type of presentation have alot to do with how hard a fish fights and strike. That being said I love catching crappie, maybe its the constant action. Then there are 2 seperate browns I've caught in my life. One was only 14 inches long, but I swear I had a steelhead, it dug to the bottom of the hole and wouldn't come up, the second was a brown I caught this fall salmon fishing at night, it spent more time in the air than in the water. And for the strike, swinging midge patterns to steelhead in november in the up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts