Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
Ok....anyone catching any open water perch? Thinking of finally getting out the next 2 days with the long poles before putting them up. I know the Saginaw and qcee are open and need to wet a line, fish or no fish..:lol:. Last pack of perch and walleye hit the oil and oven today. Got 1 pack of walleye back wraps left and that's it for all my fish! Had to make room from all the venison this year, so made salmon patties with last of that, and got a gallon jar of pickled pike started.. :) Anyone who had a tough deer season and wants to trade some of their perch for a few meals of venison, pm me. Got lots of choices from sausage to steaks(sorry, no chops) :lol:
View attachment 630853
View attachment 630839 View attachment 630843 View attachment 630845 View attachment 630847
That’s quite the venison war chest you’ve got. I don’t have any perch to trade, but I do have some walleye, burbot, and maybe even some of my slot sturgeon if the exchange rate is right.

·
Premium Member
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
That’s quite the venison war chest you’ve got. I don’t have any perch to trade, but I do have some walleye, burbot, and maybe even some of my slot sturgeon if the exchange rate is right.
Send me a pm! I've never tried sturgeon and I love burbot. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
If I'd known you were out of fish,I would have been dumping pike at your drive ralph.. been giving away the fish this year.. gills, crappie,pike.. I kept the first 20 pan fish, not keeping any more til spring..

·
Premium Member
29,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If I'd known you were out of fish,I would have been dumping pike at your drive ralph.. been giving away the fish this year.. gills, crappie,pike.. I kept the first 20 pan fish, not keeping any more til spring..
Eyes and perch never really happened in the river, but was too busy with wooly pigs anyway. Got a few meals now thanks to a member on here I bartered with. Thanks for the offer. :) Hopefully the fishing is better in spring from the shore.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Well Ralph if it's any consolation we fished the river in Bay City the last three days and never got a thing, not even a bit.
That sucks since it's wide open and easy access right now. I fished from shore all winter last year it was great catching the without all the hassle. Go down every night or so for a couple hours was a real treat.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts