Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this lake is what i would call my home lake i have fished it for over 15 years and i know the lake like the back of my hand but i was woundering where everyone would fish at on the lake

most of it is 5 feet deep or under with one spot that is 6 or 7 feet deep i will be fishing for pike and walleye with tip ups and maybe sum jigging i will also be trying for crappie and maybe sum perch on poles

·
Registered
69 Posts
The first spot I would hit would be that point in the southeast end. Especially with the tip-ups! Big chubs a foot off the bottom. Of course I havent caught a fish since '02 so I may just be crazy.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just to let everyone know this lake is filled with rocks and weeds just about every cove and point has sum type of boulders or weeds on it and west of the launch is a rock wall that goes just about all the way across

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump come on all give me sum ideals . once i get a few replys i will tell where alot of the bigger walleyes come from and anyone from the U.P want to give this lake a try send me a pm and i will try to help get you on fish

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I like the look of that point too. But seeing as how you mentioned catching walleye, I would check out each end of the lake. I think the walleye will move up from the slightly deeper water at night and in the early morning to feed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok on this lake sum of the best spots for walleye would be right across from the launch there is a rock wall that goes down in to the lake while trolling there i have hooked in to around 5 walleyes in less then an hour and have broke off a few big ones. My biggest walleye came from this lake just shy of 10 pounds and that was cought just east of the launch in the first cove and we got a 9 pounder to the west of the launch along a rock wall that is there. Down to the south east that river that comes in to the lake if you jig in that cove in the winter time you will get sum big walleyes last year at the derby they had on the lake that cove gave out 5 8 pounders and around 10 that were from 2-6 pounds along with the normail just at the size limit or a lil above

1 - 6 of 6 Posts