Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any action in the woods or field edges since the second week of October. I hunt public land from the ground. Should I hunt near the bedding areas, standing corn, cut beans, or in the hardwoods? Early, midday, evening?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
well sitting in front of the computer isn't gonna get ya a deer. i'd hunt the fringes of doe bedding areas, funnels between bedding areas...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish someone would tell me the right place to sit too....try near the doe bedding areas along a route to the corn.....does heading to eat bucks intercepting the does.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm hunting heavily pressured plots, I just need to get lucky I guess.

Only a morning hunt for me today, wife had 36 week appointment. I'm hoping to tag something before my little guy comes...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Find the preferred food source that the does are hitting and and look for some runs intersecting the main runs from the bedding areas to the food sources. Bucks will often travel those intersecting runs scent checking for does.
Might not hurt to try a drag rag with doe in estrous scent and some calling with a can or grunt tube especially this time of year. Also, may want to hunt late into the morning and early afternoon. As the other hunters leave the woods, they may move some deer. They may also take the opportunity to get up and feed while the woods is empty of hunters.
Most important, make sure the wind is to your advantage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts