Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive through St Clair Shores and the Grosse Pointes everyday on Jefferson/Lake Shore Dr. Due to the more mild weather and the lack of any ice formation I have observed boats off the of Vernier, and Moross for most of December, today included. I have never launched or even had my boat in the water past early November. My question is are these boats Launching at the SCS Library or Blossom Heath? I know Alter and St Jeans are closed. I'm fairly certain they are targeting Perch?

I'm off tomorrow and if I can talk my kid into going I want to get my boat wet. Except for changing out some rods and the appropriate tackle it's ready to go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What launch is best and what water depth is working?[/QUOTE

Not sure about launch possibly Blossom Heath would be closest. Unfortunately my boat is done for the season. But I know the area well and water depth is 13’ to 15’ range about 3/4 to mile out. Bandits, DDHJ, Flicker Minnows and Flicker Shad. Join the Lake St. Clair Walleye Association we share tips, tricks , locations at our meetings. See posts from Captain Chaos

·
Registered
1 Posts
All three SCS ramps closed on 10/31 per the SCS website. The docks are out at all the DNR ramps. I checked Selfridge, Crocker, and Harley Ensign. All three were iced in as well. Are there any private ramps that are still accessible, even for a fee? I'm jonesin to get out one more time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts