Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd try somewhere on or very near water.

Nice :lol:

A little more info would get you a more detailed answer, but you have to remember 2 things about waterfowling:

1: Scouting is the only way to raise your success rate.

2: Waterfowler's are the most territorial animals in the world, no one is going to tell you where you can go to set up and shoot ducks, NO WAY.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Going through some old threads and found this one. I hunt Portage lake quite often. We've done good in acadia bay also. Be careful not to go ashore there, it's connected to the great lakes, so you can be below the high water, but some of the land owners don't want us on their shore. Not complaining, just warning fellow duck hunters. You'll have to do your own scouting to find the good spots, I can't tell you everything!:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome to the site shocked, your best bet is to get a Michigan atlas and gazetteer. Most truck stops\gas stations carry them, they are about $20.00. This will give you a good idea about public land in your area and how to access it. (Hint: anything with a name that includes "swamp" or "bayou" would be a good place to start) Start by going to pages 65, 66, 73 and 74. Then next year expand your search to pages 18-119. After your hooked on waterfowling, throw that thing away and get out a globe.....:). Happy hunting to ya!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts