Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know fishing is red hot now! But I am planning on heading over next Friday to walleye fish. Should I head to LBM or go up to AuGres? Was curious of this warm spell will be pushing the fish a little further north. I'm heading over from Grand Rapids and want to maximize my efforts, I will be only fishing one day.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Well if it was me i think i would be heading to augres next week.. as you said the very warm weather looks to be here for awhile... the fish are going to move out in a hurry i believe...so augres or caseville either place should treat ya good... good luck bassman00.....let us know how ya do..... SPANKIN....:fish::fish:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spanks. I was fortunate to meet you guys with Soupy this spring when we fished over in Detroit, stayed in the same hotel and I fish out of an 18' Lund Pro-V. Not sure if you remember me but just wanted to let you know who I am.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
ya buddy i remember ya:) how have ya been? hope ya had a great season... this has been the best yr for us by far:D good luck on your trip ... mike

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Season has been GREAT!! We hit the D 6 times and had limits all but one ( 9 fish on one trip) and have been hitting Lake M for the salmonoids since. Want to make at least one hopefully more trips over to the bay. Sorry to hear about your loss with the boat, you upgrading to bigger? If you ever make it over to my side (west side) of the state and want to hit up some salmon let me know. It seems like I fish alone about half of the time I go out.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Ya i had to sell it due to medical reasons but hope to up grade by spring.. And yes i would enjoy some salmon fishing but remember i am a walleye guy dont know nothing about trolling for salmon.... Can drive boat well :.. Anytime your short handed let me know... Thanks mike

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never said I know what I'm doing when it comes to salmon fishing... Lol. Just enjoy doing it. I put riggers on the boat and also added divers, copper, and lead. This will be my second year of doing it, so there is quite a learning curve. Don't always get my limit but always get some. It's a blast reeling in those big kings!!!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Bass half your battle with lk mich trout and salmon is trolling into the current and spreading out your baits from each other. We used to troll 4 riggers 2 divers 2 lead and 2 copper, but now where down to 2 riggers and one diver and either a lead or copper on a side. Seems less has been more for us. If you ever want exact details on fish depth currents or hot baits call capt willis down in nunica. He has never steered me wrong. He makes a living chartering and selling equipment. Fish out of muskegon almost every other week. Other week im on the bay with my dad.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ssw now half my set up is with high lines. Steelhead bite has been great lately. I run 2 riggers, 300 and 200 copper and core anywhere 3-10 color. I have 2 diver setups but haven't needed them yet with the current setup I'm using. Thanks for the heads up on the captain out of Nunica, I'm sure I'll be contacting him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts