Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get my mora auger blades sharpened in Holland area? I tried calling around to no avail. One guy said Armstrongs in whitehall will do it. The other option is to just buy new ones. I found for 30$ on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
if you are in gr area at all Grandville bait shop used to sharpen them very well.havent been by that way lately so assume its still there.it is on s side of 28th east of Wilson.also al and bobs will sharpen them.both places have you drop them off for a few days.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dave's sharpening. 7 or 9 mile and Alpine in GR
I think you mean Bill's. Right next to Fricanos pizza on Alpine. Had my lazer blades sharpened for the first time in years and he did a great job as they seem like new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do a google search for Bud Hall. You send them to him with a check for $11.95 and he will ship them back. He does a good job, I just got a pair back from him.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Atlas Tool on Sherman in Muskegon will sharpen them. I have had them sharpen my Mora and Lazer blades, both worked great...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Buy a $5 stone from Home Depot and tune them up yourself. You only need a few passes to make them new again.

Just like sharpening a wood chisel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well sorry I couldn't help.

I have a Mora. I had luck sharpening the garbage original blades after I ran them into the dirt. I couldn't even cut an inch. It would just bounce around on the surface.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I have an old mora 5" that my dad bought back in the mid -late 70s.
It still has the original blades on it.
I just take them off,bolt them to a rod I made that has the same bolt pattern & sharpen the top edge, just like you would a knife.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts