Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a cover for my Tracker Pro 17. Not needed to trailer with it... I prefer to trailer without a cover anyway. Needed for outdoor storage in my backyard. Simple cover would be fine. I've checked Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc... but they are all back ordered on the "cheaper" ones for this style boat. 17' by about 75" beam. Any ideas where to look?

Mike

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Mike, try a Meijers. If you want just a cheap cover for yard storage I believe they have them. I seen one or two a week or so ago in the North Muskegon store. Didn't really look at the sizes. They did have several on the shelf though..............just a thought...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
all I know is don't go cheep. or you might not get a year out of it ..I would think bass pro would have some thing to fit it ..I know in the off season when the canvas shops are not busy they will do it reasonable

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There is a great place that makes custom covers for pretty much anything. There located in Flint right after the Corunna Road exit on the left. I cant remember the name???? They did a cover for our Baja 10 years ago and it still fits snug and looks great!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
D&R sports uses a canvas shop in kalamazoo - paid $450.00 7 years ago - lots of snow, rain and sun on it - no problems. Give them a call to get the shops name

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Sportsmanguide.com or JCWhitney.com

Excellent selection of quality levels and styles, and you will be hard pressed to beat their pricing. ;)

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
spendit said:
D&R sports uses a canvas shop in kalamazoo - paid $450.00 7 years ago - lots of snow, rain and sun on it - no problems. Give them a call to get the shops name
That shop is Gazely's Upholstery. I've owned 2 boats and both have had covers made by them. The first by the Late Mr. Gazely and the most recent by his widow. Don't get a "cheap" cover, that boat your putting it on isn't cheap and you won't be happy when you find a cheap cover has let in rain etc and ruined or damaged something. She can do a cover for you in a day if the timing is right.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Glad ya found what ya needed Mike. For just storing in the yard their covers should work just fine......................

Dan

·
Registered
865 Posts
huntsalot said:
I just bought a travel/storage cover from Iboats.com http://iboats.com/Covers/dm/category_id.3--view_id.3

It is a custom made cover by TaylorMade made specifically for my 1998 Crestliner 1750 Sportfish. Use the "Boat Cover Finder" to look up your boat and what they will make for you. Mine was $275 including 8 quick buckle tie downs.
Good information here guys. Huntsalot, Have you used your new cover on the road yet. I travel 200 miles one way and need a good tight cover that will hold up. I have the boat stored in Saint Clair Shores.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd mention it for those of us that store our boats outdoors. I use a boat canopy (King Canopy) over my boat to protect the boat and cover from debris an fading. Its a 10X20, and you can get them anywhere in the spring. I just look for the best deal. Murrays auto even had a nice one with walls on it for a good price. I usually wait for a deal around $100. I buy a new one every year to every other year, depending on how the tarping hold up. The King Canopy has replacement covers now, so i might just do that.

After fishing i like to let the boat sit open and dry out/air out any moisture. Its also nice to be able to work on the boat in the rain or blistering sun. Having a canopy makes it possible. It makes my factory cover last much longer as well. I was even able to leave it over the boat in the winter, i just had to keep the snow load off the canopy.

I just sold my old boat which was 8 years old to a guy who was amazed that the boat was in such excellent condition for being a 98'. The paint was like factory new and the carpet was as clean as the day i bought it. I owe a alot of it to the canopy. Now it protects my new toy an 06' Starcraft Futura.

Just my long winded 2 cents. Hope this helps someone out like it has me!!!!

Jeremy;)

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GSPHunter said:
Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd mention it for those of us that store our boats outdoors. I use a boat canopy (King Canopy) over my boat to protect the boat and cover from debris an fading. Its a 10X20, and you can get them anywhere in the spring. I just look for the best deal. Murrays auto even had a nice one with walls on it for a good price. I usually wait for a deal around $100. I buy a new one every year to every other year, depending on how the tarping hold up. The King Canopy has replacement covers now, so i might just do that.

After fishing i like to let the boat sit open and dry out/air out any moisture. Its also nice to be able to work on the boat in the rain or blistering sun. Having a canopy makes it possible. It makes my factory cover last much longer as well. I was even able to leave it over the boat in the winter, i just had to keep the snow load off the canopy.

I just sold my old boat which was 8 years old to a guy who was amazed that the boat was in such excellent condition for being a 98'. The paint was like factory new and the carpet was as clean as the day i bought it. I owe a alot of it to the canopy. Now it protects my new toy an 06' Starcraft Futura.

Just my long winded 2 cents. Hope this helps someone out like it has me!!!!

Jeremy;)
Got a link where we could see what you are using??

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,145 Posts
http://www.kingcanopy.com/clearance/6leg.html

KMK1PCW CANOPY

CLEARANCE PRICED CANOPY
This KMK1PCW is a strong, portable, and affordable canopy. The King Canopy Brand has become the consumer's favorite for providing shade and protection against the elements. This special make up is great for flea markets, car shows, cookout, parties, and other outdoor function where you need shade and protection. This unit features a 1 3/8 inch steel tube frame, powder coated white with white top cover. This is a one of a kind unit and when sold out will not be available at this price. Anchoring kit is not included

Size:
Width = 10'8"
Length = 20'
Side Height = 6'8"
Center Peak Height = 8'11"'
6-Leg Powder Coated Steel Frame with White Cover

Sale Price: $75.00
Item #: KMK1PCW
Weight: 103 pounds

1 - 17 of 17 Posts