Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my bro is home, and we want to get out ice fishing somewhere. I havent been out in a week and need to know ice fishing conditions. And where the hot bite is. I was thinking Metro beach area, Looking for perch.....Maybe the venetian canal? Any hot spots out there.... thanks! Brian

PM's are welcomed!

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Fished off the beach at Metro today, all day. Straight out from the little red building in about 6 feet of water. Lots of dinks on wigglers, one or two 7's mixed in. No Jumbos yet. Switched to minnows in the afternoon and caught little bit bigger fish. Figured now is as good a time as any to learn how to jig so I switched to a Northland Forage Minnow with a red egg on the treble. Started catching fish more often, a couple of 8's and 9's mixed in. Then went to just the bare lure and still caught fish. Probably caught somewhere between 50 and 100, kept 20.

I drilled three holes. One for a deadstick with bobber and minnow. Other sometimes bobber, sometimes jigging. Third hole had a yellow and red five o'diamonds with no hooks as an attractor. Shook it once in a while, bounced it off the bottom once in a while. Lowrance x67c in the jigging hole.

Only a matter of time and practice, Ming Ming!

Oh Yeah! Ice conditions! 4,5, maybe 6 inches of good ice max. On top of that in most places was two inches of slush with a little crust over it. Sloppy walking. Waterproof boots are mandatory. I don't think I'm going back out until we get a cold snap. Too tough to walk through that stuff.

Big Mike

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What did I tell you Big Man, you'll have it in the bag before years end !!!!!!!!!! get the forage minnow with the single hook great for jiggin with a red ball, slide the ball over the barb and the fish come off with a little whack on the ice. Man Brain wish I could help we really need a good frezz.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reports, anymore out there? Tomorrow is growing ever so NEAR:dizzy:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
[
!! get the forage minnow with the single hook great for jiggin with a red ball, slide the ball over the barb and the fish come off with a little whack on the ice. Man Brain wish I could help we really need a good frezz.[/QUOTE]

I also like the forage fry with an anise ball as well.;) :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump, LOL Im desperate!:lol:

Wanna fish but wanna be Safe toooo.....:xzicon_sm

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Houghton laker said:
I spent the evening replacing my water heater that blew up! :(
How many water dept. personal did that take?:confused::yikes::lol::cheeky-sm:hide:

Good Job on the Jiggin Mike. Its not that hard, hell even Houghton Laker can do it..........:lol:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe my thread was Hi JaCkEd!:lol:

Ended up at Fair Haven. Caught many many many DINKS:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts