Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use CCI 209M primers and would like to purchase a new pack or two. I am having a terrible time finding them in a store and looking for suggestions.

I’ve tried BPS in Auburn Hills, Gander in Flint and In Sight Firearms in Ortonville.

If I order online the hazmat fee is ridiculous.

Any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Oh Oh...……..

Reactions: zimmzala

·
Registered
35,250 Posts
Jays in Gaylord had them in stock last time I was there. If not I’ll give you a pack to get you going if you are in the neighborhood. I’m sure I have extras but would have to check.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Although I use LRMP's, I still buy a case of both CCI209M and Federal 209A primers. One can't have to many primers...……
I also picked them up at Jay's in Gaylord.
I'd share if you pass through the area.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
LOL. No worries. Still have about 50 but time to stock up again.
I was just hoping you weren't "that guy", or the first this year ;)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I use CCI 209M primers and would like to purchase a new pack or two. I am having a terrible time finding them in a store and looking for suggestions.

I’ve tried BPS in Auburn Hills, Gander in Flint and In Sight Firearms in Ortonville.

If I order online the hazmat fee is ridiculous.

Any suggestions??
Did you check at Williams Gun Site? They are in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If your in dire straights I have about 900 more than I need. I'm in Howell but drive through Holly on my way home. I could spare a tray.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your in dire straights I have about 900 more than I need. I'm in Howell but drive through Holly on my way home. I could spare a tray.
Thanks for the offer JR. I have plenty for hunting season but am wishing to stock up. I’ll do some more checking around local stores next week.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Thanks for the offer JR. I have plenty for hunting season but am wishing to stock up. I’ll do some more checking around local stores next week.
So you're saying that you were almost "that guy"? LOL

I've got 2,000 of them, along with 2,000 Federal 215M primers. Once I get down to just 1,000 left, I start looking to replace the 1,000 I've used up. I'm about ready to order my next 5#'s of BH209, having shot up 5#'s since September ;)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
ENCORE, how are the land bullets working? Hope you bought the combo this year so you can get your Ultimate out, that's right up there you are out now!

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
ENCORE, how are the land bullets working? Hope you bought the combo this year so you can get your Ultimate out, that's right up there you are out now!
The land riders are excellent for a hunting bullet. I took a 3.5yo with one on the 3rd day and it sent him to the ground straight down. I'm actually quite impressed with them as a hunting bullet. I think once they catch on, more hunters will start using them.
Unless there's something broke, or something major, I only use the muzzleloader. I used the .450 a couple years back because of a broken (twice) Leupold and didn't have another 30mm scope. I always buy the combo ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts