Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums here. Been a watcher for a while and finally joined. I'm new to muzzloading,and just got my 1st muzzloader a couple weeks ago. I've been reading that the CCI 209M are the primer of choice. The problem is nobody that I can find has any, on line or in store. Do any of you know who might be the best online source? Who may get new stock in regularly. I'd hate to place a order on a product that's back ordered and sit there waiting for a long time. Or maybe that's the way it is in the current market? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I picked up 2 bricks of Winchester 209A from Cabela's on line about 2 weeks ago. They are also one of the recommended primers and work great.

CCI 209M's, I haven't seen in a while.

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
:Welcome:

About a month ago, I walked into Jay's in Gaylord and bought a case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, for the welcome and advice. I called Schantz today, and they too have not seen any CCI 209M in a while. They also suggested the 209A primers. That may be the way I go, but I'll call around a bit yet too. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Thanks everyone, for the welcome and advice. I called Schantz today, and they too have not seen any CCI 209M in a while. They also suggested the 209A primers. That may be the way I go, but I'll call around a bit yet too. Thanks again
If you can get your hands on the Federal 209A primers, you should do it.

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
was into jays in gaylord yesterday they were out of CCI but had plenty of federal 209 A
They had a case of CCI209M when I was there. They no longer have them :evil:

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
If anyone has some 209m primers they want to sell let me know
Where ya from?If youre close by someone might be able to give you a handful to get you threw the season.

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
You near my area?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just an update, I went ahead and ordered the Federal 209A primers from Cabela's. Crazy, they ding you with a hazardous material charge. Luckily the had a coupon code for the same amount! I look forward to getting into the muzzle loader game.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts