Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Do you hunt private or public land or both?

• Private Only

Votes: 112 35.0%
  • Public Only

Votes: 39 12.2%
  • Both

Votes: 169 52.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Public Only for me. I'm not blessed enough to own some of the wonderful property in Michigan, nor have any friends with such property. Maybe one day...hopefully! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am very lucky as I have the best of two world, Have a little private land I call my own and also live next to the Pigeon State Forest, have a number of places to hunt where most folks can't find or is to hard to hunt so basically is mine too.
Last year never saw another hunter during Rifle or Black Powder season.
This year started Crossbow hunting and same scenario nobody except a few upland game hunters.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I put both, but I mainly hunt private land.

I had the chance to take out a guy from this site and hunt together and since we do not allow visitors to our property until after Thanksgiving, we had to hunt on nearby state land together.

We sat 3 nights. Saw a dow and a buck the first night, shot the doe. Saw nothing the 2nd night and a decent buck the 3rd night.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Public from 1975 to 1988. Private from 1989 to present.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I own some private land , but it's easy to apply too much pressure with my "over enthusiasm". So, to relieve the pressure and to gain a little humility, I return to my roots and go public.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.