Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some pretty big bucks while hunting and even connected with a couple of decent ones.

But the biggest buck I've ever seen in my entire life was in the craziest place. No one will believe me I know, but he was probably a world record class buck well over 200" of massive horns and a bull of a body. The buck had the points, the spread, the mass, and very large tine length. I told my buddy he was the biggest buck on Earth at the time I saw him.

You won't believe where I saw him. I was driving down Sheldon road (Northville Twp) heading South between 5 and 6 mile roads. I looked to my right (West) in a little overgrown field surrounded by houses and I about crapped my pants, All I saw were antlers. I slammed my brakes and my dog hit the dash board as I pulled over. Cars were blowing their horns at me with the sudden movement as they passed by. I backed up since the monster was out of view at my current position and as approached I spotted him again. 40 yards off the road on a very slow deliberate walk heading right into someones back yard (Very large custom home). I got to see him for about 15 seconds until he disappeared and I just sat in amazement at how huge his rack was. What a treat.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This year on my bait!!! Of course wasn't really hunting that area yet, was hunting this same bucks rub line to where I was going as I saw it. Friend saw it in gun season 250 yds away in the thick stuff in between us. Hmmm....where's my bow stand gonna be next year?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
At the petting zoo....:D

No really, a buck my uncle shot in Roscommon Co. about 16 yrs ago....a massive 8 point with about 10-13 tines...and a 25inch inside spread....It won the money at the buck pole that year... I saw him the night before...too far away for me to shoot..

·
Crazed Country Rebel
2,392 Posts
In dat der big woods on da spine of da Keweenaw, eh?

Reactions: aph

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Along M-46 outside Amble in Montcalm county. 10pts, est 24" spread, over 12" G2's, calmly standing 100 yards off the road with a doe in wide open field at 2pm in the middle of gun season (guess no one told him he was supposed to be nocturnal).

Cars started pulling over, guys were watching and getting geeked, and the deer finally movd off into a nearby woods.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
He was bedded in a blueberry bog, north end using the wind to cover his backside. I was working across the bog into the wind and was about 250 yds away when I saw his head and antlers sticking up above the blueberries. I was trying to figure out how to get a bit closer or find a rest for my rifle when he took off due to a car driving by on a two-track. The driver never saw the deer.

It was killed the next week on M22, hit by a car. The rack had great mass and a 22+ inch inside spread. I never did find out how many points adorned his headgear, but he was a dandy.

Trust me when I tell you that blueberry bogs hold trophy whitetail bucks here in MI. You have to learn how to still hunt them and have faith that one time you'll do everything right and score, or at least have the opportunity.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Along M14 near Ann Arbor.......200" of junk with a body that was probably in the high 300's on the hoof. He was living the life of luxury in the burbs I suppose.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
biggest one I've seen alive in the woods is the one I got this year.....hadn't seen him ever before, or even one last year that could have been him. Somehow he hid for 4 1/2 years

·
Registered
264 Posts
A tie.
1. About 12 years ago off of I-94 near the M-59 exit, east side. That is the property owed by Selfridge ANG. Right by those wooden round devices out there in that field. Near the billboards. Anybody know what the area I am talking about? I bet someone here in this forum seen him as well. About six cars pulled over to look at him with me. Massive! :yikes: Dont know how many points, but I would guess around 12. Huge, huge bleach white rack that showed off very easily in the sun. Arond 200lbs. A total monster.

2. I was stationed in New York near where the OCC motorcycle guys are in Orange County, NY. I was in New Paltz, NY. There is an Amish farm there. I looked at about 10 does grazing in the field. Stopped, pulled over, walked to small hill along side the road, slowly walked over the hill.....:yikes: . A huge, huge 12 point was standing there in a ditch with an 8, 4 and 2 spikes. Only 40 yards! It was early bow season there. That was the only, and I mean only time I thought about breaking the game laws.:evilsmile Be rest assured I didn't. He was sooooo big. As it goes, no camera or other witnesses.:sad:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
JAS said:
1. About 12 years ago off of I-94 near the M-59 exit, east side. That is the property owed by Selfridge ANG. Right by those wooden round devices out there in that field. Near the billboards. Anybody know what the area I am talking about? I bet someone here in this forum seen him as well. About six cars pulled over to look at him with me. Massive! :yikes: Dont know how many points, but I would guess around 12. Huge, huge bleach white rack that showed off very easily in the sun. Arond 200lbs. A total monster./QUOTE]

I saw that buck. He was huge.

The biggest buck I ever saw was in a field with about 10 other bucks and 1 doe. Most of them were very impressive. The biggest I would guess to be around 150+ class. This was in a field behind the fuel gas station just south of the Bear store the other side of Hale. Funny thing is since then I hardly have ever see any deer in that field period.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Just west of the M-14, U.S.-23 interchange, north side of 23, that thing was a brute, just standung there watching traffic go by

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Saw him on halloween,1987 in the back yard of a house i was working on.
I had heard from other contractors there was a big deer hanging around so i kept an eye out.
Honestly had to weigh close to 300#!
It was in Ohio along the Maumee River in Henry county.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts