Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend & I went out today to a lake somewhere in the State of Michigan and saw a few birds.....missed on a group of Buffies:dizzy:.... had a pair of Mallards land just outside our spread and proceed to swim away from us.....must have been local / educated birds.....and we did not fire another shot....sat there and thought.....maybe this northwest wind will bring down some new birds.....

Hope others had better luck!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
In the corn behind my deer hut. Had to be 50 birds in the field all day, 10-15 out a few minutes later 10-15 in. They weren't there last weekend, they quacked and had a great time all day. Didn't see or hear a Goose at all but heard a few flocks of Swans go by

·
Registered
295 Posts
Kicked up over 100 mallards in a timber hole while deer hunting today. Figures -- we hunt the timber for ducks and see deer. Hunt the area for deer and see ducks. Also saw a TON of geese flying around. Musta been a few miles between us today Cobra.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
it has to get cold up north...for many days in a row. when it starts freezzing up north they start moving...andy

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
saw a few while fishing today... i think i saw close to 1000 geese. (and yes i know how to count geese). they were all over the place, it was nuts. pretty awesome the season is closed right now IMHO.:rant:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spoke with father in law in Oklahoma today and he says there is a hundred mallards on the farm pond. They have a chance of snow tonight. Pretty bad when Oklahoma will get their first snow before us.

·
Registered
181 Posts
:confused:Beautiful weather to be out in the duck boat, but i'm more into shooting than sight seeing. only three weekends left...

·
Registered
11,702 Posts
birds are here, weather is not. seen a huge....and i mean huge upgrade in birds to our refuge this week. went from around 8k to 20k in a couple days earlier in week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts