Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 10-14 miles straight out this morning. Boated a 4 man limit of bows by noon. One walleye tossed in as well. Fish came from all over the place from 20 down to 50. 30 - 35 fow was probably the best. Hottest colors of course were any Silver Streak spoons with orange - with the orange on one side and silver on the other hit the hardest. Jerry Lee & Halloween also worked well.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm a bit confused; 10-14 miles straight out, but 30-35 fow was best??? fow usually means feet of water, or the water depth. I think you used it to mean the best downrigger depths. If so, what depth of water were you in? Did you go due south or SE heading out? Were you as far east as the western windmills? I'm asking as I will go back soon & believe the larger schools may have moved out over deeper water than the 58-61 fow we fished last few weeks.

Thanks in advance for clarification.
Steve

·
Registered
700 Posts
If these posts keep up im pulling the pin and moving to Wheatley, skip mortgage and live on da boat:corkysm55:fish:

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
steve.....

I think blue mistyped and ment they were hitting fish down 30-35'...

I dont think anyone has veen fishing them that shallow.. we were working 60-66 FOW when I was out monday.

·
Registered
68 Posts
steveh27 i fished wheatley wensday, 15 for 21 on steelhead and 6 walleyes. Southwest 7 miles 52 foot of water. 60 to 90 back on the purple dipseys with a orange red eye with black dots. Riggers set at 32 and 42 feet we where done at 12:30 go south west. good luck. Dan Kids fishin

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
thanks for the replies. DEO, if you were SW 7 miles you must have been near the pelee peninsula. I started there last Friday & got one on the 1st rod down, but it slowed after one more & we ran back to the windmills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts