Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 12 till 5,hooked 16 bows landed 8,6 for eight on the eyes.four mile out at a 120* Not sure how deep with no finder.had the rigger down 39 with a copper perch.copper smelt and rainbow trout took the rest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None,took about two hour to get my first sheep and then it was game on limited on them.What is the limit on sheep over there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
We're hoping to be there Thursday again. But the weather f/c sure aren't great. Thursday may be the best though. Wed waves are good, but not with thunderstorms.

LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM WILLOWICK TO GENEVA-ON-THE-LAKE-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM GENEVA-ON-THE-LAKE TO CONNEAUT-
924 AM EDT TUE JUL 17 2012

THIS AFTERNOON
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. WAVES 3 TO
5 FEET.

TONIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING WEST 10 KNOTS
OR LESS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET.

WEDNESDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS LESS THAN 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE MORNING...THEN SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 FOOT OR LESS.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING
NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE EVENING. WAVES 2 FEET OR LESS BUILDING TO 2 TO 3 FEET.

THURSDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 2 TO 3 FEET.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. WAVES
2 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST. WAVES
1 TO 3 FEET.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
If I could do it, I would go Wed (tomorrow) based on that forecast. Light winds from the perfect direction. There is only a chance of thunderstorms in the morning, which is very common in the summer when it is hot and unstable. As long as they aren't calling for severe T-storms, then I would plan on going, and just make sure you have your radio on, check the radar via your iPhone or what-ever option you have and be ready to make a run if it looks scary out. Three out of the last 4 times I went over there, the forecast was similar, only with worse wind conditions forecasted. All 3 times we had no issues, however, one of the times we heard the warning on the radio and high-tailed it back to the ramp around 1:30. Never saw a drop of rain until we were near the bridge on the way back. With North winds, especially if they last for a couple days, will usually bring the fish closer to shore, so you may not have to run that far out either. Since the winds will be light, the run back in would be quick if you had to do it.

Just my 2 cents...
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top