Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report but I was tired and didn't want to fool with the computer.

Took a bit of searching but found some fish in 55 to 60 foot of water. Best spoons were Steelie Stomper, Glow Blue Puke, and Copper Shrimp. Speed 2.25mpg. Size 0 dipsey set at 2.5 one back 110 the second back 100. Size 0 dipsey set at 0 back 70 and the second one back 75 foot. LOst one walleye at the boat. Quite a few sheeps and some really big white bass.

Skinner and the Dos Equis Guy.;)

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice job on the fish. I noticed that you said you were only going 2.25 mph, which is significantly slower than I usually troll over there. I have tried slower, however, I can't seem to get them going at anything less than about 2.8. Usually 3 - 3.2 mph seems best. Do you normally troll that slow or was that something you stumbled upon this particular trip? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
That may have possibly been his down speed?

·
Registered
182 Posts
way to go guys. I am ray's neighbor. Nice catch and next time you are out on the weekend stop by my cottage. We are located in leamington.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'm going there tomorrow with bigwoodsbob and looking forward to it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm bummed as we canceled todays trip because of yesterdays rough water & todays f/c was for more of the same. But, the last I heard was at least 60 boats launched today & it was calm this morning. I do hate driving all the way over & crossing the border to find it too rough & have to just turn around & come home. That seems to happen once/year. I do seem to cancel more trips due to f/c & get bummed when I should have gone. Oh well.

Looks like we have 2 boats w 4 guys going for tomorrow. We were going to go Friday, but moved it up to Thursday again based on f/c.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The Friday's f/c I was worried about has been pushed back to Friday night now. From NOAA:
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTH. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES BUILDING TO 1 TO 3
FEET

·
Registered
424 Posts
I talked to you at the ramp. I had the 16' Aluminum boat. We 'were' going to fish perch, but heard they'd moved out and that storm was coming, so we left.

Great fishing for you guys that day!

Jeff at WebbedConnection

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that looks sweet! makes me wanna buy Dipsey rods! good work!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I am not running dipsey rod for these. I'm running 7 foot St Croix medium light and the number 0 dipsey. Walleye gear!

erieiz, Don't know where your place is! Let my dad know. Were still hoping to get into some perch....if they return.

Tom, We may also be back Friday.

Speed was boat speed at the surface. Yes I do troll that slow. It seems I am rarely over 3mph. If the fish hit I leave it there.

Skinner

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked to you at the ramp. I had the 16' Aluminum boat. We 'were' going to fish perch, but heard they'd moved out and that storm was coming, so we left.

Great fishing for you guys that day!

Jeff at WebbedConnection
I remember ya. We would like to get into some perch too. Hope they come back in.

Skinner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts