Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
That looks delicious!

Got the parts in but still rebuilding the motor. Not looking like I'll be getting up north at this point. I feel really bad fellas but know that this is not how I wanted to spend my last weekend of the season. Especially on a holiday weekend when I'm supposed to be at my place up north.

Hope everyone is enjoying the extended weekend and am truly sorry about not being able to get back out there.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I’m not sure how everyone else processes birds, but I debone the breasts and thighs, take off the legs, then leave everything in ziplock bags in the fridge for 1 week to age. I then debone the legs and add with the thigh meat - I either leave it chopped whole or grind.

I do something different with the breast meat for every bird. This year I took 1/2 a breast, cubed it and marinated for ~1 week (so aged and marinated for almost 2 weeks). Breaded and fried in veggie oil at 300 degrees.

It was super tender and tasty, opted to toss mine in some Franks and other hot sauces for the Buffalo style. Kid dipped his in BBQ and the wife preferred ranch and honey mustard.

A guy named Yankee only uses bleu cheese to dip his wings - my wife is originally from a small town about 1 hr from Buffalo, anything but bleu is blasphemy.

Smoke - it happens. Fish gotta swim and birds gotta eat…

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
853 Posts
If she is from the Buffalo area, I would put money on you being a fan of beef on weck and garbage plates too.
All of NYS pretty much recognizes bleu cheese for wings, many others are more regional.

Wife hates caraway seeds so no traditional beef on weck (MIL loves it though) and wifey doesn’t like spicy, so the traditional garbage plate is also out.

I grew up 4 hrs from Buffalo (in Central NY) with traditional Salamida venison spiedies and cold mozz cheese piled high on a slice of hot pepperoni pizza.

I always thought garbage plates were simply the chef’s way of using all the old food in the cooler and therefore best left for somebody else to order…

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

101 - 110 of 110 Posts